Boss or no Boss on Vortech 2013?

Vortech Car, which Intake Mani, Boss or no Boss?

• Total voters

Ryan Fonseca

Established Member
2013 GT, 6-Speed, OR X-pipe, Roush Axle Back, Vortech V3 kit w/ BAP, BOV. Kit not installed yet but right now I have a boss intake, and im coming to the realization that I dont like revving to 7600 or more to take advantage of the intake,

So i was going to sell my boss and jlt intake to pay for my tuning or other cost. Im also getting OPG and Sprocket.

My Target HP is 600rwhp.

The Question is, can I make that power with the stock intake and stock kit or what would I need? And Is the stock intake faster for someone revving to 7k vs the boss?

If you look at dynos the stock intake seems to make more power up to 6000-6300ish and then the boss takes the lead. Does the blower bring that "crossover point" down at all?

Thanks guys! Look forward to the answers!

Attachments

• 16406677_1343927089012033_4456837815248695898_n.jpg
    16406677_1343927089012033_4456837815248695898_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 227

WIST2013GT

Established Member
It will make 600whp with either. I have a ported boss on my setup and rev it to 7500. The major benefit is above 6k, or if you ever get a torque booster setup. The powerband is much more flat with a boss/torque booster over the stock manifold.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
u will lose low end Torque with it. not worth it imo but my setup is different. unlike a PD blower u have less low end TQ so I wudnt sacrifice to see a little more up top but two each his own.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'd say sell it. Stock intake is plenty for a blower car unless you're going for big numbers.

PC03GT

Established Member
Would sell it, centri cars already have a torque deficit. You'll have no problem hitting 600+ with the stock manifold

nate714

Established Member
Would sell it, centri cars already have a torque deficit. You'll have no problem hitting 600+ with the stock manifold

This might be a dumb question, but do the centrifugal lose torque below boost compared to a stock N/A motor? I would imagine losing some power down low because of the added drag on the belt, but I haven't observed anyone saying they lose power at any point.

hirting

Established Member
I had the same dilemma and stayed with the stock manifold. My torque curve is pretty nice and I can rev to 7300 which is fairly conservative. It really depends on your personal preference and how you are going to use the car. It may make sense if you are going to drag race. If you are going to use it for autocross or road course then the stock manifold may be the better option. I use my car on road courses and based on my research the stock manifold was the ideal option. So far there is more then enough power and torque with stock manifold. I took the car to a local Dyno and it posted 621 HP, and 491 Lb's of torque. Just a Paxton, injectors, BAP, OPG's and a tune. I must also add that these numbers were made at 5280 FT in altitude. At sea level or lower altitude I would expect a little more.

imeyers302

Established Member
This might be a dumb question, but do the centrifugal lose torque below boost compared to a stock N/A motor? I would imagine losing some power down low because of the added drag on the belt, but I haven't observed anyone saying they lose power at any point.

My car drives like dead stock until it gets into boost. I really don't understand all the arguments with torque loss with the boss mani and lack of low end with a centri. People get to hung up on dyno sheets sometimes. My car already roasts the tires in first, second, and even third gets sketchy. If I went with the stock manifold or did a PD blower instead of a centri what benefit would it be? Just roasting the tires even more? The tires will light up at 2500rpm instead of 3500rpm? I am not knocking any of the systems. PD, Turbos, Centris, all good as far as I am concerned.

Ryan Fonseca

Established Member
I had the same dilemma and stayed with the stock manifold. My torque curve is pretty nice and I can rev to 7300 which is fairly conservative. It really depends on your personal preference and how you are going to use the car. It may make sense if you are going to drag race. If you are going to use it for autocross or road course then the stock manifold may be the better option. I use my car on road courses and based on my research the stock manifold was the ideal option. So far there is more then enough power and torque with stock manifold. I took the car to a local Dyno and it posted 621 HP, and 491 Lb's of torque. Just a Paxton, injectors, BAP, OPG's and a tune. I must also add that these numbers were made at 5280 FT in altitude. At sea level or lower altitude I would expect a little more.
very impressive and I think thats enough to convince me, that was the stock pulley setup?

PC03GT

Established Member
I'm on stock pulley, kooks long tubes, o/r boss h pipe, ID 1000s and bap, 670/530 sae

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a boss manifold on my Procharger setup. It looks good but i feel its not any improvement over the stock manifold once boost comes into play.

My car is wastegated and i shift at 7000rpm. A non wastegate blower shifting at 7500 would benefit from a boss manifold

PC03GT

Established Member
I have a boss manifold on my Procharger setup. It looks good but i feel its not any improvement over the stock manifold once boost comes into play.

My car is wastegated and i shift at 7000rpm. A non wastegate blower shifting at 7500 would benefit from a boss manifold
You still on meth and e85??

Chris4207

Established Member
Boss manifold is not worth it. Personally I'd sell it, but If you're gonna go with one, go with cobra jet. You won't lose as much low end torque. Or you can go with a PD supercharger and the keep the stock manifold. They're good at torque gains

Sent from my Z981 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Chris4207

Established Member
I was going to go pro-charger, but decided on PD supercharger because of torque gains. Why sacrifice torque when for the same price range you can get the around the same power(if not more) AND get good torque. But everyone has their own preference.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to go pro-charger, but decided on PD supercharger because of torque gains. Why sacrifice torque when for the same price range you can get the around the same power(if not more) AND get good torque. But everyone has their own preference.

1/4 mile times? Since you figured the power adders out you must have a solid database.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I would have figured the boss manifold would be better for road course racing since it makes more power up top.

Users who are viewing this thread