C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The above statement would be true for any car that the driver mod is missing. Not very hard to press the pedal down in an auto, and claim glorious victory over the faster car without traction. I would assume proper drag radials, would more than make up for the autos advantage. Hell, had this GT500 in this thread had proper tires on the car, the C7 would have needed to replace his front bumper cover.

I for one... cannot wait to run into a C7.... nor a C7Z
Well, okay.
Bone stock '14 Corvette Z51 A6 left lane, bone stock '13 GT500 with DR's in the right lane...
ov49.jpg

And before the comments about Tony's driving are made, he's the one who currently has the fastest bone stock '13 GT500 at 11.2. DR's on a bone stock '13/'14 are somewhat of an exercise in futility. The electronic powertrain feature hobbles the car so badly that it tends to bog, lay down and otherwise have difficulties in the first 60'. Since these passes, Tony loaded a Lund tune in the car and eliminated the EPF and subsequently ran a 10.9 at 129 mph. That being said, I would guess a tune on the C7 would pick up ~25 rwhp and ~.2/2 mph...so it conceivably could run an 11.2 at 122 on stock tires. But with a stock tune, it better be one helluva' driver to beat a stock A6 C7 in 1320'. I have about 60 passes on my '13, and most of the last 20 or so are in the 11.3-11.6 range. I don't think I could beat a stock A6 C7. I mean, maybe I could out-mph one, or even out-ET one...but the RT's these cars can put down since they are automatics are hard to match in a 6-speed car.

From a roll, it's a different story, as Tony's car even beat my '13 GT-R, which traps ~124 in good air. FWIW, the stock M7 C7's are hobbled badly by torque management from the factory too.
S.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Well, okay.
Bone stock '14 Corvette Z51 A6 left lane, bone stock '13 GT500 with DR's in the right lane...
ov49.jpg

And before the comments about Tony's driving are made, he's the one who currently has the fastest bone stock '13 GT500 at 11.2. DR's on a bone stock '13/'14 are somewhat of an exercise in futility. The electronic powertrain feature hobbles the car so badly that it tends to bog, lay down and otherwise have difficulties in the first 60'. Since these passes, Tony loaded a Lund tune in the car and eliminated the EPF and subsequently ran a 10.9 at 129 mph. That being said, I would guess a tune on the C7 would pick up ~25 rwhp and ~.2/2 mph...so it conceivably could run an 11.2 at 122 on stock tires. But with a stock tune, it better be one helluva' driver to beat a stock A6 C7 in 1320'. I have about 60 passes on my '13, and most of the last 20 or so are in the 11.3-11.6 range. I don't think I could beat a stock A6 C7. I mean, maybe I could out-mph one, or even out-ET one...but the RT's these cars can put down since they are automatics are hard to match in a 6-speed car.

From a roll, it's a different story, as Tony's car even beat my '13 GT-R, which traps ~124 in good air. FWIW, the stock M7 C7's are hobbled badly by torque management from the factory too.
S.

My point is proven. Even though the Shelby did not 60' as well, it still won. And guess what will happen if you go past the 1/4 mile? Say.. a standing mile run? A highway run? Pretty much stuff you would normally run into on the normal driven roads? Look at the trap speeds. Rape-Fest would be a good description of it. Thank for proving my point. :rolling:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
My point is proven. Even though the Shelby did not 60' as well, it still won. And guess what will happen if you go past the 1/4 mile? Say.. a standing mile run? A highway run? Pretty much stuff you would normally run into on the normal driven roads? Look at the trap speeds. Rape-Fest would be a good description of it. Thank for proving my point. :rolling:
You do know how to read timeslips, right? Look again and tell me who hit the stripe first.
And 5-6 mph is not a "Rape-Fest".
Honestly, you're not really worth any more time. I have both cars, I race both cars and I know what both cars will do. You internet race them.
Goodbye.
S.

R1Lello

Established Member

don't forget aerodynamics:??:

Poppacapp

Established Member
You do know how to read timeslips, right? Look again and tell me who hit the stripe first.
And 5-6 mph is not a "Rape-Fest".
Honestly, you're not really worth any more time. I have both cars, I race both cars and I know what both cars will do. You internet race them.
Goodbye.
S.

I couldn't care less that you have both cars. And a 6mph advantage in the trap will be a walk-away on the road. Yes, I can read timeslips. He backhalfed the hell out of you. And would continue to pull your front bumper cover off. Like I mentioned above.. I couldn't care less about 1/4 runs. Run your cars in a Standing mile event, or a Roll race event and see how bad your C7 get's raped.... better yet.. come up to NC and I'll do it for you. You got the money for the trip obviously.

hockeylover86

Established Member
I'd agree with that when comparing a C7 to a '13/'14 GT500.
But the title of this thread includes "from a dig", and for those of you who probably can't drive your older GT500's worth a shit, you'd be chasing C7 tail lights the whole way down the track.
S.

This is so true...

I really wish Ford would have developed a 6 speed auto for the 13/14GT500...

If they did there would be nothing that would come close....

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I couldn't care less that you have both cars. And a 6mph advantage in the trap will be a walk-away on the road. Yes, I can read timeslips. He backhalfed the hell out of you. And would continue to pull your front bumper cover off. Like I mentioned above.. I couldn't care less about 1/4 runs. Run your cars in a Standing mile event, or a Roll race event and see how bad your C7 get's raped.... better yet.. come up to NC and I'll do it for you. You got the money for the trip obviously.

Are you being serious right now?

And being that you can read the timeslip, you proved his point. On the street, the C7 will most likely drag a GT500's ass to the next light because it doesn't suffer traction issues like the GT500 does. It's obvious the GT500 is the faster car, but spinning ain't winning... Now assuming both can dead hook every time, without question the GT500 will win every time.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
The new c7s are slow. I hope they come out with a c7z so they want be such a disappointment.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Are you being serious right now?

And being that you can read the timeslip, you proved his point. On the street, the C7 will most likely drag a GT500's ass to the next light because it doesn't suffer traction issues like the GT500 does. It's obvious the GT500 is the faster car, but spinning ain't winning... Now assuming both can dead hook every time, without question the GT500 will win every time.

I don't race stoplight to stoplight.

And btw, my point I was trying to make is the fact that given equal traction, the GT500 would rape the C7. Look at the timeslip 60's for the 500. Not so great 2.0's

Last edited:

Njtony

Established Member
Stock vs stock on the street or a track a c7 will be in front for the first 1/4 mile esp if the vette driver is like snorman and jumps the light(ha). Great driver in the gt500 versus avg driver in the vette the gt500 is still going to lose to a auto c7. Drag radials will close the gap some but not eliminate it. Don't think anyone here is arguing about the fact that a longer race will allow the gt500 to pass the vette. Put a tune and dr's on the gt500 and the c7 advantage disappears but then the whole discussion is different since its no longer stock versus stock. Simple fact is that its much easier to launch and be consistent in an auto car.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Stock vs stock on the street or a track a c7 will be in front for the first 1/4 mile esp if the vette driver is like snorman and jumps the light(ha).
662 hp and drag radials and you couldn't give me something?
:lol:
How do you explain the second run? Were you playing with the radio? ;-)
I'll be up in NJ for a few weeks, maybe we can get some roll runs on that private road.
S.

cam346

Established Member
this is the regular vette. yes the gt500 will beat a c7 in a mile race.as it should with 662 sc hp. but a c7 has nothing to ashame of getting beat by a car with over 200hp and 225lbs . this guy has both so I am sure he know how they both run.

cam346

Established Member
The new c7s are slow. I hope they come out with a c7z so they want be such a disappointment.

well I think they were faster than a new 07gt500 in 07 were. and I am sure your not stock. what did a new gt500 run in 07 when they were new. just saying:beer:

OneSlowV

Established Member
It's ok GT500 owners the new C7Z is about to be rivaled and put you back in your place like the C6z did lol :)

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
well I think they were faster than a new 07gt500 in 07 were. and I am sure your not stock. what did a new gt500 run in 07 when they were new. just saying:beer:

Lol they really are not that fast. Good thing it's 2013 and not 2007 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread