C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Never said they were assholes... Just most of the ones on here walk around talkin about how the vette is so much better than the mustang and blah blah blah... It should be better than the mustang... Way better. And it's not. Yes it is better than the mustang but not by much.

And then those same guys cry when the vette is compared to the GT. Then they're like, well that's not fair the GT is in a different league. No it's not. It's in the same league, just way better than the vette.

Now I was born and raised a Chevy guy, but as I got older and did research and did actual comparisons, Ford out performs Chevy hands down. You can't be a true gear head and deny the Ford's performance division is way better than Chevy's. Maybe not in some of the professional arenas but as for the consumer cars, Ford is way better. Still all the Chevy guys are gonna say "well wait till the C7Z comes out, it will destroy all."

It should destroy all because it really has nothing to compete with on the domestic side. Yeah we have the new Viper, which is a bad ass car, but for some reason just never really does all that well unless it's heavily modded. And you all know damn well that if the GT ever came back, Ford would make pretty ****ing sure that not a damn thing domestic would even hold a candle to it.

Corvettes have world class handling and breaking, not to mention fast in a straighline too, especially the C6Z and ZR1. The 13+ Shelby has what would be considered great braking and handling 15-20 years ago. To today's standards its not that great, especially for the price. It does one thing good, but is far from the best, and now all of a sudden it's king dingaling.
The C7's chassis and suspension is light years ahead of the Shelby.
Hell, so is the ZL1. Which is why the ZL1 wins every review/comparison EVER. Even when it loses on a road course(Motortrend). The ZL1 is high tech, balanced, with some of the best OEM suspension parts in the world. The Shelby is just outdated and outclassed.
As for the Ford GT, it did not kill the ZO6. It beat it in a few road courses until the ZO7 packages. And the ZR1 came out, but by then the Ford GT was gone. It was around a whole 2 years and Ford is god for it, even though the Corvette has been whoopin ass since 1953, and is one of the top performing sports cars you can buy.
Ford has never really had anything for the Vette. Hell, the Mustang was created cause Ford was running away from any type of competition with the Vette. So they made the "pony car" which there was no competition for, and GM made the Camaro to compete with it.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
a true enthusiast loves and appreciates them all... they all have their pros and cons..

Id love to have a '14 gt500 sitting next to my z..

So True.. I have wanted a C6Z for SOOOOO long now. Just two completely different cars made for different types of driving. BTW your Z looks like buhtsecks! :beer:

Poppacapp

Established Member
It's ok GT500 owners the new C7Z is about to be rivaled and put you back in your place like the C6z did lol :)

True... because the 2015-2016 SVT version of the Mustang will be much slower then the current GT500... right? lol :nonono:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Corvettes have world class handling and breaking, not to mention fast in a straighline too, especially the C6Z and ZR1. The 13+ Shelby has what would be considered great braking and handling 15-20 years ago. To today's standards its not that great, especially for the price. It does one thing good, but is far from the best, and now all of a sudden it's king dingaling.
The C7's chassis and suspension is light years ahead of the Shelby.
Hell, so is the ZL1. Which is why the ZL1 wins every review/comparison EVER. Even when it loses on a road course(Motortrend). The ZL1 is high tech, balanced, with some of the best OEM suspension parts in the world. The Shelby is just outdated and outclassed.
As for the Ford GT, it did not kill the ZO6. It beat it in a few road courses until the ZO7 packages. And the ZR1 came out, but by then the Ford GT was gone. It was around a whole 2 years and Ford is god for it, even though the Corvette has been whoopin ass since 1953, and is one of the top performing sports cars you can buy.
Ford has never really had anything for the Vette. Hell, the Mustang was created cause Ford was running away from any type of competition with the Vette. So they made the "pony car" which there was no competition for, and GM made the Camaro to compete with it.

You DO realize that Ford just unveiled a new Mustang right? IRS? Carbon Ceramic brakes? Remains to be seen how much more of a road course car it will be.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
funny all the back and fourth arguing about which car in stock low 13sec form is "slower" lol. They're all fast and the real racers will not leave them stock then it just comes down to who spent the most money on the right modifications. Obviously both vettes and GT500's are fast, and can be made even faster. I've had 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 rwhp Mustangs and none of them with all kinds of suspension modifications could hook up like the stupid cammed full exhaust C6Z I rode in not long ago with stock suspension wheels and tires. It felt weird to be in a car that powerful that hooked that well. The car didn't really feel as fast as it was becasue it wasn't sliding all over the road to 80mph. Ford has clearly dropped the ball on the stock wheel / tire and suspension combination here. That being said I'll never own any GM product. NEVER. If I had the cash for another more expensive fun / weekend car hands down I'd get a sexy GT500 and put a auto trans in it fix the tire / suspension combo so it hooks, with a Whipple on it. That's what I'd daily drive even if I was Jay Leno. Seems like for most it's a matter os personal preference like it is for me, and that you can't argue with, or ever change.

Last edited:

Njtony

Established Member
662 hp and drag radials and you couldn't give me something?
:lol:
How do you explain the second run? Were you playing with the radio? ;-)
I'll be up in NJ for a few weeks, maybe we can get some roll runs on that private road.
S.

Can't wait for the roll runs. Ill put the tune back to stock to give you a fighting chance. Course if its below fifty I'm in deep trouble because I have the stock goodyears back on. Cars a slip and slide machine right now. Lots of fun.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Hell my old GT500 has beaten Vettes. My point is stock cars that roll of the showroom floor. The GT500 has a hard time against a 505hp Z06 we all know what a ZR1 does against one with similar HP. It never turns out good for them.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Hell my old GT500 has beaten Vettes. My point is stock cars that roll of the showroom floor. The GT500 has a hard time against a 505hp Z06 we all know what a ZR1 does against one with similar HP. It never turns out good for them.

Oh I see, you want the pinnacle of the Corvette world to go up against something that is a class below it to beat it. Nothing with that doesn't seem off to you? A muscle car taking out a sports car? The cars are not alike. Look at this video in this thread. It is well known an auto can go from a dig like no other which the vette was racing a stick GT500. When 120 hits Beetle Slayer jumped on the brakes claiming that is a victory since that is what you would run a the track. We all know that is a lame excuse because as soon that GT500 started to get traction it was pulling HARD on that vette. Not just any Vette, the latest and greatest Vette.

Stock GT500's have taken down stock Corvettes. Plain and simple. Can't be denied. It has happened. I've seen the videos.

What you fail to realize that a Mustang is a pony car/muscle car. It is heavy, has four seats and is affordable. The Corvette is a true sports car. It is light, has two seats and costs a boat load of money. These cars are not similar and anyone would expect the lighter car to win against the heavier car with similar HP. If not then there is something seriously wrong. Hence my comparison from one of my previous posts: a 500 HP Ariel Atom would destroy a 500 HP Corvette. I'm sure some red flags go up when you read that.

The Mustang goes up against GM's muscle car, the Camaro. As soon as the Mustang laid waste to that GM fan boys go running to big brother Corvette. The Mustang isn't meant to be compared to the Corvette. So when a Mustang does take down a big, bad Corvette that is a major feat for the Mustang. Ford doesn't offer anything that competes with the Corvette at the moment. The only time that happened was when the Ford GT came out and we all know how that worked out.

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Yeah we all know Ford GT a drivers race with a C6 Z06 lol. I would never brag about taking down a Vette with alot less hp in a top of the line GT500. The Ford GT was so good it lasted what a big ole two years lol. Nobody wonted to pay 150k for the car when you could buy a 70k Z06 that would do the same. And were do you get GM fan boy from? Ill admit iv'e owned plenty of GM cars but never a vette. Right now i'm driving a 12 5.0 maybe you should just admit you love GM cars and be done with it. Come out the closet bro nobody is gonna be mad at.

BLK_03

Established Member
Yeah we all know Ford GT a drivers race with a C6 Z06 lol. I would never brag about taking down a Vette with alot less hp in a top of the line GT500. The Ford GT was so good it lasted what a big ole two years lol. Nobody wonted to pay 150k for the car when you could buy a 70k Z06 that would do the same. And were do you get GM fan boy from? Ill admit iv'e owned plenty of GM cars but never a vette. Right now i'm driving a 12 5.0 maybe you should just admit you love GM cars and be done with it. Come out the closet bro nobody is gonna be mad at.

You know... it's the Holiday season so for me personally... between the lights, music, traditions... I'm in more of a cheerful mood and quite honestly, my faith in humanity is restored. I'm a little more optimistic about our world.

Then I see the chick put the cat in the microwave and I read your posts and it all goes to shit. I just ripped all the ornaments off the tree and threw them in the fireplace.

Happy Holidays fggt!!!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Ummm, I never said I didn't like GM cars. I love the Z06's and ZR1's, badass machines. The new Z06 is looking promising from renderings. I love the LT1 Camaros and the late 90's SS's. I am however not a fan of the new Camaros but the ZL1's look decent to me. I'm not a Ford fan boy. You can see from my other posts on here that I praise GM cars and like them. Nice try with your slam though, better luck next time, bro. :)

Further, I never said you were a GM fan boy. I was speaking for the countless other GM people on here that speak as if the Mustang needs to beat the Corvette, which it does not.

Also, I would never brag about ANY vette taking out ANY Mustang as the Corvette is in a higher class and costs a lot more. The Mustang is a bigger car and has four seats, anyone can see it is going to take more HP to take out a Corvette that has two seats and lighter. Just like it would take the Corvette more than 500 HP to take out a 500 HP Ariel Atom. It is all relative. If you have a GT or not you are defending GM's side and using that logic.

I'll put it to you this way. The GM camp saying that GM is the best because its Corvette can beat a Mustang is like the Ford camp saying the Ford GT can lay waste to the Camaro and saying it is a good comparison.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Well untill Ford comes out with another GT thats really all there is to compare it with. We all know the Camaro was shit and hell i even own one. But since the new Mustang has IRS and has dropped 200lbs i think it will be able to compete with the corvette.

Users who are viewing this thread