C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

Poppacapp

Established Member
Can't wait for the roll runs. Ill put the tune back to stock to give you a fighting chance. Course if its below fifty I'm in deep trouble because I have the stock goodyears back on. Cars a slip and slide machine right now. Lots of fun.

50 degree weather plus even my 555r drag radials sucks.. I would hate to see how the stock Crap years are working. Spinning @ 70mph trying to take off in 3rd gear is not fun.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Whats this :poke:

Well you seem to be throwing up constantly how it takes soo much hp in the GT500 to bust a Z06's ass. Well...... that's the reason.

It's not rocket science man. I couldn't care less about the details. And I'm sure the last few Corvettes that saw my tailights in races were thinking "Oh yeah.. he has more hp than me.. he should win".

Kewlv8

Established Member
Well you seem to be throwing up constantly how it takes soo much hp in the GT500 to bust a Z06's ass. Well...... that's the reason.

It's not rocket science man. I couldn't care less about the details. And I'm sure the last few Corvettes that saw my tailights in races were thinking "Oh yeah.. he has more hp than me.. he should win".

Easy now, the GM guys are more than a little slow on the uptake. Use small words and big pictures. :read:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Yeah i remember when the GT500 came out. Stared to buy one glad i held off. Running 13s and mid 12s if it was lucky lmao.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Yeah i remember when the GT500 came out. Stared to buy one glad i held off. Running 13s and mid 12s if it was lucky lmao.

They were a hard car to launch properly. And honestly, to me, I don't care about dragstrips. I do my racing on the highway, like 99% of the chance races you will have when out driving. I will admit... my car is hard to launch at 40mph now too. :banana:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Man winter sucks ass. My 5.0 only gets traction in 3rd gear lol. My 2010 GT500 wasnt to bad from a dig if you knew what you was doing. But was a nice roll car no doubt.

nonliberal

Established Member
One issue that seems to be forgotten with this particular race is the fact that this GT500 has bald tires. He has been running the shit out of those tires all summer (I know because I watched him do some of it).

The C7 has brand new tires that where just broke in from the burnout he did on video.

Factor in the tires, the auto vs stick, and him not using launch control pretty much guarantees the outcome we saw from a dig.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
If you build a car with so much power, it can't lay it down effectively without VHT, who's fault is that?

C7 stock 1/4 times are already within ~.2 sec of the the GT500. Given the massive power advantage, that's pretty pathetic. I know this will piss everyone off, but it's true.

same can be said about zl1s to 5.0s, zl1s might be the most pathetic car to come out since the 07 gt500.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I figured a gt500 trapping around a 125 mph would walk a 119 mph vette. Then again being on bald ass tires doesn't help.

nonliberal

Established Member
Yeah, I have a feeling we will see more video of these cars again in the spring including the ZL1 he owns as well.

nonliberal

Established Member
I'm sure it's getting it's 2nd or 3rd motor by now, installed by whatever GM "shop of the month" he hasn't burned a bridge with yet

LOL ^^ This.

He has a reputation for tearing shit up and pissing people off.
I've been told he has a broke down C6 sitting in the weeds behind his house that he tore up and never fixed.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
LOL ^^ This.

He has a reputation for tearing shit up and pissing people off.
I've been told he has a broke down C6 sitting in the weeds behind his house that he tore up and never fixed.

Plenty of people fixed that car, but you can only butcher something so much before it has to be cast away LOL

Users who are viewing this thread