Can you save a chirping TOB?

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Setup: FRPP TOB, Lethal sleeve, Steeda Quadrant and firewall adjuster.

Situation: About 12-15,000 miles on everything, driven hard, while on a 1/2 mile run at Georgia’s last WannaGoFast event, the clutch cable came loose from the quadrant while power shifting from 3rd to 4th.

Symptom: I’ve only put about 100 miles on it since the aforementioned incident and it just started chirping. Very light pressure on the clutch pedal makes it go away. I haven’t messed with the firewall adjuster since putting everything back together at the track.

Question: Should I tighten up the clutch cable via the firewall adjuster to try to make the chirping go away? I want to get the transmission rebuilt and I’ll replace the TOB at that time, but can I make the noise go away until after tax time?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes adjusting it at the firewall should take care of the chirp, temporarily. As you said, it still needs to be addressed.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had done my cluck and to about 50k ago..

I have had a couple days with noises from tob..i let it go and few days later it went away..

tob is 1 of the most changed wear items I've had..

I went with HD cable and no firewall adjuster,seeing a lot of issues with other guys I tried old school.

AnarchyVA

Established Member
Mines been going bad for about a month now. I’m hoping to have it fixed this weekend. What a PITA. But at least it’s a good time to upgrade the clutch (which I’m worried I won’t like) and replace the rear main seal.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread