Clutch slip causeing low numbers?

jn2

Established Member
Don't worry yourself about the numbers, the dyno is tuning tool where we gauge gains from certain adjustments.

For example, I just wrapped up some VCT changes on mine and used a Mustang Dyno to make sure I was getting positive gains. Final numbers were +7whp/+5wtrq over stock values(peak numbers), below and after curve gains were a bit higher.

Here is the video, notice the final numbers came back 409whp/360wtrq? Those may seem low but the car is laying down the law on other mustangs who dyno 450-460whp on dynojets.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Hey everyone, thanks for all the replys. I emailed Lund Racing and got a pretty quick response, and even said those numbers looked incredibly low, dyno was done on a dynojet Dyno in 5th. He did say that the timing is caped at 31 on flexlogic and every car could respond differently, and is pretty conservative. He is currently writing me a e85 "race" tune, where its more aggressive. still seems eh... idk

I didn't log on the dyno, my mistake, but I went out later for lund and did some street pulls and logging. I wish I could post my logs on here, so you guys could look at them as well I compared my previous log (before I switched to 373s) and my current log, and numbers seemed a lot different as far as target lambda at WOT.

I didn't notice any slippage on the dyno and I really hope I wasn't slipping on 2 different dynos. I made these same numbers on 2 different dynojets... kind of upsetting.

Now onto testing my e85. I do have a little tester you can buy on amazon. Tested my station came out to about e80.

Also took my car to the track for the first time since ive owned it.. and realized I have a lot of practice. My best time was 13.0 at 112MPH. Need to practice getting of line. Couldn't get traction for crap being on street tires and 20x11 F14s.

Car pulls hard, just seems off.

5lho

Established Member
Stock cars have made 112 on a sticky tire. I did 11.91 at 115 on the Procal on my old 2012, everything stock in the driveline, with slicks. There is something off for you here, whatever it is.

nxhappy

Established Member
well Lund is very good lol just keep sending logs, he will dial it in

every car is different, every car needs different tweaks in the tune ... I think you will be OK !

Also ....get rid of those tires ! You need some DRs =)

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
well Lund is very good lol just keep sending logs, he will dial it in

every car is different, every car needs different tweaks in the tune ... I think you will be OK !

Also ....get rid of those tires ! You need some DRs =)
Oh i know i need DRs badly lol. Ive sent him a few logs. He said nothing needs tweaking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
What was your 60' OP. It will be DR's and a lot of practice. Mostly on the launch. You'll have to learn where it loves to launch at (RPM wise) and how to feather the clutch and gas when you do launch. Can't just floor it off the go and not spin. Once you get that down...11's are easy for you.

jn2

Established Member
Now onto testing my e85. I do have a little tester you can buy on amazon. Tested my station came out to about e80.

If the flex fuel tune is set up properly it should not make any more power on a e85 tune. My flex fuel tune dyno'd 1whp less than my e85 tune. Flex fuel logic on the 11-14's use spark and lambda modifiers/multipliers, that if set up correctly will get you to the same HP/trq you would of had had you ran a e85 race tune as long as both runs are done on the same alcohol percentage.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
What was your 60' OP. It will be DR's and a lot of practice. Mostly on the launch. You'll have to learn where it loves to launch at (RPM wise) and how to feather the clutch and gas when you do launch. Can't just floor it off the go and not spin. Once you get that down...11's are easy for you.
I know how to feather and slip the clutch i dont just dump... im working on all seasons lol... ill get drs eventually. This was my first time at this track and my first time.dragging this car. My best 60 was 2.0.. on that run hit 13.0 at 109 while.being locked out of 4th... 13.0 at 112 was full run but 2.2 60' got a lil over zealous... is what it is. I kno the car has 11s in it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

StalkerStang

Established Member
Where and what track did u run at? A 112 mph trap does seem low. My 11 trapped 111 nearly 112 with just a jlt intake and tune on 91..... went 12.60's on Nexans....

Depending on the DA and what not, that could be a factor. I dyno'd 375 wheel on a Mustang dyno at that time.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Texas motorplex. Ennis tx.

See below for DA calculation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170315-184811.png
    Screenshot_20170315-184811.png
    38 KB · Views: 71

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
well the lockout of 4th explains a lot on the one run. The 2.2 60' with the 13.0 run....if it was a 2.0 60' on that run, probably would have seen a mid to high 12. My first run in my car when it just had the tune, JLT and axle back was like a 12.9 and I believe a 2.1 or 2.2 60'. then I went a little more aggressive (stock tires) got the 2.0 and ran a 12.4.

but with you having a Boss and E85, I would think it would be a little faster and higher mphs even with a 2.2 60'.

Users who are viewing this thread