Coolant Hose - Reservoir to Thermostat Housing

bkaul

Established Member
I'm looking to change the hoses on my '01 Cobra, and am having trouble identifying a source for one of them. I've found Gates hoses listed for the upper radiator hose, the lower radiator hose to thermostat housing, the lower thermostat housing to engine, the bypass (thermostat housing to crossover tube), and the little overflow hose from the reservoir to the radiator. But the hose running from the bottom of the reservoir down to the thermostat housing seems to be missing from all the auto parts store references, Gates' website, etc.

Ford has discontinued the hose; it's part 8C350 "Engine Coolant Recovery Tank Hose" on the parts diagram at fordparts.com but I can't find a full part number to cross-reference or anyone else listing the part. Does anyone have a good source for this hose?
hoses.png

Zemedici

Established Member
Its long been discontinuted by Ford, and I bet not available aftermarket. I recommend just getting some similar sized tubing and making your own.

bkaul

Established Member
Thanks all! In the meantime, I also found that LMR has a hose kit for the car that includes this hose - that set just arrived today, and it looks like they're using a Continental 64523, which matches up with the Goodyear part # on yoyopart.com. Also interchanges with Gates 19825 for future reference.

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
Thanks all! In the meantime, I also found that LMR has a hose kit for the car that includes this hose - that set just arrived today, and it looks like they're using a Continental 64523, which matches up with the Goodyear part # on yoyopart.com. Also interchanges with Gates 19825 for future reference.

Thanks. I'll bookmark this for reference, just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread