Engine light just turned on!

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey guys I know this has probably been discussed so many times but just wanted some info or education on this car. I hardly use my car but I took it out last weekend with the wife and the engine turned on. I have a sct so I plugged it in. It gave me two codes:
P2196
P2198

I know it's rare for both 02 sensors to go bad at the same time. It's a ported blower full bolt on car. I changed the fuel filter, oil and cleaned the air intake about 3 months ago. Any ideas? Thanks.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Hey guys I know this has probably been discussed so many times but just wanted some info or education on this car. I hardly use my car but I took it out last weekend with the wife and the engine turned on. I have a sct so I plugged it in. It gave me two codes:
P2196
P2198

I know it's rare for both 02 sensors to go bad at the same time. It's a ported blower full bolt on car. I changed the fuel filter, oil and cleaned the air intake about 3 months ago. Any ideas? Thanks.
Left and right banks simultaneously, strange. Have you datalogged fuel pressure? I wonder if it's possible the FRPS is allowing the FP to be too high?

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mark23svt

Established Member
I haven't datalogged fuel pressure problem is I don't really know how and the X3 that the previous owner gave me is locked by tuner for another cobra. Have no idea why he got it. But it did work to read the engine light. And I'll look for leaks. But it's rare cuz I hardly ever move the car and all of a sudden the light popped up. And yes both sensors show that are faulting.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I haven't datalogged fuel pressure problem is I don't really know how and the X3 that the previous owner gave me is locked by tuner for another cobra. Have no idea why he got it. But it did work to read the engine light. And I'll look for leaks. But it's rare cuz I hardly ever move the car and all of a sudden the light popped up. And yes both sensors show that are faulting.
When you plug in the x3 you can't choose the gauges?

mark23svt

Established Member
Honestly I'm new to the whole tuner thing but I know it's locked cuz a while back I wanted to adjust my fan settings and it didn't let me.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Even though it's locked, you used it to read the fault codes. Plug in the X3 and got to the main menu. Is there an option for Gauges or Datalog?

mark23svt

Established Member
I believe datalog yes, tomorrow I'll look into it more and take readings if it does. If it does what should I look for?

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I believe datalog yes, tomorrow I'll look into it more and take readings if it does. If it does what should I look for?
Look for "pressure drop across injectors" to be in the area of 39 psi +/-. You need to record a driving session and download to Live Link software. Its a free download from SCT. Their website has support options and you can even call and speak with tech support. Searching YouTube is also a support information source.

nxhappy

Established Member
uhhhh pretty sure if its married he won't be able to data log .....

nxhappy

Established Member
dont think x3 has gauges either.

look at the vac lines first. highly doubt your injectors are out. If it has a vac leak it will pop both o2 codes ....

hotcobra03

Established Member
P2196
P2198

02s aren't bad..they are telling you we see an issue

What mods have been done to car?

mark23svt

Established Member
I'm glad you told me that cuz I was about to buy them lol.

tuned by Triangle Speed Shop

3.55 gears

H&R Sport Lowering springs

Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates

Slotted/Drilled rotors

Hawk pads

Bassani mid length ceramic headers

Bassani o/r x pipe

Borla Stingers Catback

Centerforce clutch

Mgw shifter yellow handle

Steeda firewall adjuster

Steeda clutch quadrant

Even flow head cooling mod

LFP heat exchanger

Morishimoto radiator

170* thermostat

Upgraded cooling tanks

Metco 4lb lower crank pulley

Metco idler pulleys

2.95 rickard racing blower pulley

Stegmier stage 3 ported blower and plenum

61lb Seimons injectors

Kennybell Boost a pump

Diablo mafia

Amsoil high flow air filter

Custom high quality sound system w/sub

Sct x3 handheld

Oil catch can

MM subframes

Ford racing diff cover

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you cleared codes and driven again.
To see if code comes back.

It could have just been from sitting and idling. .

We have a manual on site for pc..
It has all the information to fix codes

hotcobra03

Established Member
With your mods I'm thinking it's just lack of running..

Larger injectors ..and maybe old gas is my first thought. .

A vaccum leak maybe also from aged hose but with a qarage queens it's hard to say

mark23svt

Established Member
Quick update, I deleted the check engine light and drove the car for a while to see if it came back right away. It hasn't come back but I didn't get into boost(way too many bike cops ). Also wanted to ask a quick question. I want to convert my car to E85 and get it retuned anyways so I wanted to so what's the easiest way and if my 60's are enough if I stay with ported eaton? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread