Finally decided mark 8 swap

N1ghtmare

Established Member
I have been looking for engine options since throwing a rod in my 2v and have decided to do the mark 8 swap. A few questions before I begin as I am assembling a parts list, it will run on the 2v ecm for some time until I can get a tune? and the return style fuel rail to returnless can be done correct, or must I go return style(looking for easiest route first I am less concerned about cost, a kit or similar would be ideal)? and finally will the mark intake suffice until I can source a 96-98 cobra intake?

N1ghtmare

Established Member
also I have a 99 gt so I think I have to make the switch to a 6 bolt flywheel and clutch to make this work

crazycarlo

Established Member
I have a few 98 cobra parts for sale if you decide to use those years for your build man. Sounds like its going to be a nice project.

svtguy

Established Member
I have been looking for engine options since throwing a rod in my 2v and have decided to do the mark 8 swap. A few questions before I begin as I am assembling a parts list, it will run on the 2v ecm for some time until I can get a tune? and the return style fuel rail to returnless can be done correct, or must I go return style(looking for easiest route first I am less concerned about cost, a kit or similar would be ideal)? and finally will the mark intake suffice until I can source a 96-98 cobra intake?

PM sent

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
i did this swap in my GT. i think the link above is to an information thread i had started lol. if you are planning to run the stock PCM/tune, keep your stock injectors and MAF. run those and you will be fine. there was a guy who did this swap in his 96 GT (he had a how-to thread i got alot of information from) he ran stock injectors/MAF fine for quite a few years. if you chenge out either though, you WILL need a tune. no way around that. my car ran...bad and pig rich...on stock tune/24lb injectors/03 Cobra MAF.
you can use the stock intake manifold assuming its the later mark intake with the TB inlet on the passenger side. i've got one from my 98 Mark VIII that has been sitting around collecting dust. if you would happen to need it, i would let it go for $25 +shipping.
there was some info on the fuel rail i had come across but cant seem to find it. someguys have used the return rail (blocking off the return side then some how rigging up the FRPS to work. i didnt really like that idea...another guy got his stock GT rail to work with the lincoln intake (that is in my thread on moddedmustangs) i myself used a modified Mach 1 fuel rail. it took a bit of work but i wouldnt do it any other way. best part is it appears pretty stock. any other questions, please feel free to ask or PM me (here or, better yet on MM)

Users who are viewing this thread