Ford fusion hybrid

760-MPH

Established Member
New job, will be putting around 17-18k/year. Budget 25k ish. Was interested in the ford fusion hybrid. Anyone have any thoughts or own one that can comment on reliability or battery replacement costs? Appreciate any insight.

nxhappy

Established Member
IMO they aren't worth the money .
I bought my wife a new civic. She loves it. And it will get 40mpg hwy.

josephcostello

Established Member
My dad just bought a 2016 to rack up highway miles on. It was a rental but was involved in a minor front end collision. 25k miles he bought it from copart for 9k. They get about 45 around town and 40 on the highway. Pretty damn comfortable car and the back seat has a ton of leg room. I've liked it when I've driven it. Only thing I dislike is the trunk space is compromised because of the battery, other than that it's a great car. Very easy to drive around town too. I held it at about 100 on the highway so I can confirm it will be the fastest thing you've driven (I wasn't going downhill either)

nxhappy

Established Member
civic would be 8-$10k less, and same mpg on the hwy, lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fusion Hybrids are great. We sell a bunch of them.

The batteries have a 10 year/100k warranty.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There is a member on here who leases them, and he loves them. He has a thread about it in the pics and vids section I think

760-MPH

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback thus far. I should have been more descriptive but auto is a must, I actually have a focus st that I will be trading in because my wife will drive the car and needs more room for the kids and auto. I would like a mid size and at least mid 30s mpg. 25k$ ish if anyone has any other suggestions...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
His are the Energi, not the hybrid.

Ah. My mistake.

I used to have a non-hybrid fusion. Had the 1.5 ecoboost, fairly well optioned. Loved the car. Very roomy, very comfortable. I miss those seats for long trips.

Only reason we got rid of it was we needed a large SUV for our growing family. Couldn't fit a newborn, along with all the stuff a newborn needed for a trip, and a great dane, and all our stuff in it.

nxhappy

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback thus far. I should have been more descriptive but auto is a must, I actually have a focus st that I will be trading in because my wife will drive the car and needs more room for the kids and auto. I would like a mid size and at least mid 30s mpg. 25k$ ish if anyone has any other suggestions...
honda accord or civic ...

2000gt4.6

Established Member
A civic is not a midsize car, and competes more with the focus. And it's nowhere near as nice as a fusion either.

I wouldn't bother with a fusion hybrid. We picked up a 14 fusion 1.5 in may 2016. 4000 miles, paid $18,000. It's the wife's DD. The car gets 30+ on the highway (32-33?), is very comfortable and actually fun to drive on a curvy road. Amazing how well it handles for a 4 door FWD.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the difference between 32 mpg and say 38-40 either. Takes an amazing amount of miles to make up the hybrid cost of purchase. Let's say you run 20k/year miles. That's a grand total of 125 gallons difference between 32mpg and 40. Gas even at 3 bucks a gallon comes out to 375 dollars. Big whoop.

Users who are viewing this thread