FS: TF Chicane wheel/tires - 03/04 Cobra IRS

black-plasma

Established Member
TF Chicanes for IRS fitment on 03/04 Cobra's in great condition. 18x9 & 18x11, 3 piece, big brake cut/fender flush. Tires are brand new Nitto 555 & slightly used M&H Racemaster dr's (driver side did rub on fender well screw). I have more pictures I can message or text if interested. I will not separate tires.

$3000 FIRM
Located just outside St. Louis. Can deliver/meet in MO/IA/IL/WI/IN. No shipping.

svtp.JPG
chicane.jpg
chicane2.jpg
chicane1.jpg
cobra4.jpg

Last edited:

Toolsplusmore

Established Member
Where did your wheels rub? I have a set of TF wheels 18x11 rear and my drivers side rubbed badly on the IRS framework when the wheel was unloaded. It seemed fine with clearance during normal driving but when I went to the track and had some wheel hop it shaved the entire sidewall of the tire and now leaks. Basically wasted a brand new $300 tire. I was wondering if it was just my set or are all 18x11 TF wheels having this issue?

black-plasma

Established Member
It caught the lip of the fender I think, I now have the fenders rolled and no issues now.

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
I don't off hand, I could measure it if it's easy to do. They're off my car.

04cobra88

Established Member
Yea just use a straight edge and measure from the hub out to the lip of the rim the hub meaning where it bolts onto your axle

black-plasma

Established Member
Nope, I doubt they even have 1,000 miles between me and original owner who sold his Cobra soon after purchasing these.

Beavis281

Established Member
Where did your wheels rub? I have a set of TF wheels 18x11 rear and my drivers side rubbed badly on the IRS framework when the wheel was unloaded. It seemed fine with clearance during normal driving but when I went to the track and had some wheel hop it shaved the entire sidewall of the tire and now leaks. Basically wasted a brand new $300 tire. I was wondering if it was just my set or are all 18x11 TF wheels having this issue?

I have this exact same setup ready to do on my car. I hope I don't have issues.

black-plasma

Established Member
My issue was the rear tires not the wheels. The M&H dr's are huge but they hook better then a Hoosier or MT dr.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

there's only one way to do fender flush. 6.75" backspacing. its the same spec ccw uses. plenty of guys run 335s without issue. the good and bad thing about the IRS is you can independently adjust each side of the car. also when a driver is in the car it will change the load on that side of the car.

it also depends on your suspension set up, rolled fenders? brand and size of tires and more. quite a few variables when it comes to terminators.

Do you know the back spacing?

posted above

black-plasma

Established Member
Rear tires are too big but I think I'm going to get them removed. The M&H's are bigger then my 28" Hoosier slicks. I can measure BS on Thursday when I'm back home. No issues when I had R888's though.

Cabbage

Established Member
Hey I'm interested in your wheels. I'd still be interested if you took off the rear m&h. I just sold my black Chicanes last week and I regret it now. PM me and maybe we can make a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread