Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got the DCT Motorsports carbon fiber/leather GT350R style steering wheel installed. Process was pretty easy using the instructions you can find from Ford Performance, and vides from Late Model Restoration. Took me an hour total and that included taking photos along the way. These should get you through the process pretty easily, but here are a few things of note.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf
https://lmr.com/products/how-to-install-mustang-gt350-steering-wheel-15-16

Make sure you have the negative battery cable disconnected for at least 1 minute before starting. Once the airbag is loose make sure you pop out these little orange clips to release the connectors

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_1.jpg

This is a good photo of all the screw locations for when you reassemble. Note you will use the supplied screws from DCTMS that are already installed in the new wheel

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_2.jpg

Lift up on this edge to disengage the tabs once the screws are removed

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_3.jpg

The bottom bezel is on kind of tight due to this small piece. Lift up from the bottom with a little force and it will pop out.

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_4.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_5.jpg

These clips that hold the airbag in place need to be transferred over to the DCTMS steering wheel. They seat on a small ledge on the wheel. Use a screw driver or pry tool to compress it past the seat and it will slide out. Installation into the new wheel is best done with a pair of pliers and a small pick or screw driver to help seat it back into place.

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_7.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_6.jpg

This entire plastic piece will pop off the steering wheel frame so just pull form the top and sides gently to separate them. You will see push pins at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock on the steering wheel. Keep note of how all the wires are ran as you push it back into the new DCTMS frame.

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_8.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_9.jpg

Here are some side by side comparison shots I snapped quickly to show the differences in construction. The flat bottom is noticeably longer on the DCTMS version. I took some rough measurements and it appears the OEM wheel is about 14 ¾ inches all around. The DCTMS version is about 14 inches top to bottom, and 14 ½ inches side to side. Depth appears to be identical.

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_10.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_11.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_12.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_13.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_14.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_15.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_16.jpg

The final product looks good if you ask me. The juice was definitely worth the squeeze.

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_17.jpg

DCTMS does not have these up for sale on their web page yet, but should be live soon. They have a carbon fiber ($599) and full leather ($449) option available. Looks like they also do custom colored stitching. I will be organizing a group buy with all the information and hopefully a lower initial pricing. Be on the lookout for that thread here soon.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
George and the guys @MGW are at it again. I just got my hands on the new Scudo line of wallets he has created. I have to tell you the damn thing is pretty slick. Light weight, made in 'Merica, and RFID protected with MIL spec rated coatings. The engraving and machining is a work of art. I will get some better photographs when I get time, but I almost positive @Tob will have all the details coming shortly. These are custom engravable as well. Check them out in depth at www.mgwscudo.com

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I usually wouldn't dig something like this, but I like it. It's different, but matches with the pin stripes on the hood and calipers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’d prolly like them better if they were blue jmho. I know they match the stripe just not my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
What I find most interesting is the difference in opinion between different forums or social media platforms.

Still on the fence about lowering the car. I think it needs it, but I want to go to the track stock first and see how it feels. Then go the same track with the lowering springs to see if there was an improvement

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
It has become harder and harder to find time to get out for photos, or even driving the car for that matter. I spent some time with my buddy Todd from GP36 Media attempting to finalize a photoshoot for my car. I don't want to shame the profession by calling myself a photographer, but watching him work sheds some light on how time consuming these photography ventures can be. Here a couple of the pics I took and edited.

Portl R (1 of 5).jpg
Portl R (2 of 5).jpg
Portl R (1 of 1).jpg
Portl R (4 of 5).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread