Help choosing an MGW shifter

hailstate94

Established Member
I see they all cost the same, so is there any advantage to buying the standard shifter vs. the x-spec? Also trying to decide between low profile and standard handle height. My car is a dd and I don't ever go to the track, use it mostly for back road cruises when not commuting if that helps at all

Lemonth

Established Member
It's all based on your feel, I personally went with the Race Spec one, so the least change in the throw (about 18% I believe). I love it, feels great daily driving it and have absolutely no complaints. I think the lower the throw the more effect it has on your syncros long term.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Lemonth stated it pretty well. When you have 3 choice like this, it usually will boil down to PERSONAL preference. Which is exactly why there are choices. MGW is not going to able to tell you exactly which one is the one you want. Maybe a recommendation based on how you drive, but in the end YOU have to pick the one YOU feel will be best. JMO.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I own all three different shifter handles. $15 each.

However, I can move the mid length handle all the way down for a very short throw, or pull it up to be closer to a comfort handle.

Add in the fact that you can twist the handle mount to match just about any configuration you want, and life is good.

I'm running a TR3650 transmission, but the adjustability applies to all if I remember correctly.

Sent from my [bathroom] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bmilteer94

Established Member
I just installed the x spec low pro and love it. Largest reduction in throw (25% I believe). Shifts are much more direct feeling and 2nd to 3rd is amazing.

jdcobra

Established Member
Installed the X spec shifter with normal height handle, (21% throw reduction.) extremely easy to install, took about an hour from start to finish. The only pain in the ass part getting the dust boot back on.

Users who are viewing this thread