Im I understanding this right???

FastyJohn03

Established Member
Ok guys I just purchase lethals 1400rwhp fuel system kit,Got it installed myself
and just going over everything. when I open the key to almost turn her on I hear the pumps turn on I check the pressure gague on the regulator and says 0''
doest it have to move to adjust or will that be only when the vehicle is ON??

My other question is on the fuel filter it says IN on one side and OUT on the other how it needs to be set is the IN is the lines coming from the tank and out goes to regulator then to the Y and RAIls.

Hope everyone can understand me and help me out in these questions :rockon::beer:

image_zps8606d841.jpg

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
IN would be the line coming from the tank. OUT would be going towards the engine.

You should be seeing fuel pressure with the key on. If not you can do your initial adjustment to get it close with the engine not running.. Once running your final adjustment is made by removing the vacuum line from the regulator. Set the pressure. Then re-install the vacuum line.

FastyJohn03

Established Member
IN would be the line coming from the tank. OUT would be going towards the engine.

You should be seeing fuel pressure with the key on. If not you can do your initial adjustment to get it close with the engine not running.. Once running your final adjustment is made by removing the vacuum line from the regulator. Set the pressure. Then re-install the vacuum line.

I was reading on some pass info and my setup its called the "dead end" I will explain how my setup is set Fuel hat> Fuel filter> Regulator> Y > RAils

Now I just notice something on how I connect the 10 feed fuel line into the return line :-D in the regulator going to move it to the side off regulator and run the 8 feed line on the bottom off regulator hope that solves the issue bc I know the that pumps and wiring are doing whats suppose todo.:rockon:

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The correct way to do it would be to put the Y before the rails. Feed both rails. From the front or the back. Whichever is easiest. Then the other 2 ends of the rails go to the SIDE ports of the regulator. The bottom port of the regulator will be the return port...

FastyJohn03

Established Member

The correct way to do it would be to put the Y before the rails. Feed both rails. From the front or the back. Whichever is easiest. Then the other 2 ends of the rails go to the SIDE ports of the regulator. The bottom port of the regulator will be the return port...

OK great, now I feeded the rails from the front and caped the rear rails,what I wanted to do is feed the passenger front rail out the back then to the front rail to the regulator and then return, but the fuel hose already came with the fittings installed just needed to bolt it up and connect and go in few hrs I will switch the feed and return and see if the the gauge front regulator has pressure.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Fastyjohn, take a step back and take a deep breath! Listen to what Dave is saying.

You cannot run a return setup as a dead head system. Both fuel rails need to be fed from a Y. That fuel needs to exit the other side of the rails. Those exit lines MUST go the side ports of the regulator. The bottom port is the return line back to the tank.

You're seeing 0 fuel pressure because you're routing it wrong. Route it this way and you'll be good to go.

FastyJohn03

Established Member
Fastyjohn, take a step back and take a deep breath! Listen to what Dave is saying.

You cannot run a return setup as a dead head system. Both fuel rails need to be fed from a Y. That fuel needs to exit the other side of the rails. Those exit lines MUST go the side ports of the regulator. The bottom port is the return line back to the tank.

You're seeing 0 fuel pressure because you're routing it wrong. Route it this way and you'll be good to go.

Ok, I will post a picture and let me know if this is what you explaining:beer:

Sick SVT

Established Member
I was reading on some pass info and my setup its called the "dead end" I will explain how my setup is set Fuel hat> Fuel filter> Regulator> Y > RAils

Now I just notice something on how I connect the 10 feed fuel line into the return line :-D in the regulator going to move it to the side off regulator and run the 8 feed line on the bottom off regulator hope that solves the issue bc I know the that pumps and wiring are doing whats suppose todo.:rockon:

Fuel hat-filter-y-rails-regulator side ports.
I just installed a return system in my car. Not the same you have but similar. You will see pressure with key on engine off. Run it the way people are saying in this thread. It's meant to really be plumbed one way.

FastyJohn03

Established Member

Here's a picture what do you think?

image_zps8606d841.jpg

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
FastJohn. Yours is completely incorrect. You have to set it up just like crfrider pictured. The regulator must be AFTER the rails

If you absolutely cannot feed both rails because of space requirements. Your other option is. Feed one rail (back passenger), make a crossover to feed the other rail (Go across up over the SC and hook to the other rail). The remaining open spot on the rail (back driver) would go to the side port of the regulator. Then the bottom port can be used as the return back to the tank. See my picture below

Return+Fuel+layout.png

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Actually the dead end rail setup the OP has does work. It's how Lethal sells their kits and instructions. I would assume the OP has used the wrong ports on the regulator which is why he's seeing zero pressure.

There's lots of debate on the internet about possible short comings of the dead head system which is why I personally chose not to use it. Here's how I did mine

IMAG0979_resized.jpg

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Malcolm. I agree. The "dead head" setup is not a good idea. I did not realize that is how lethal has you set them up. I usually piece together my own parts depending on application and run it like CRFRIDER showed or if space is limited like the pictures myself and you posted.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Malcolm. I agree. The "dead head" setup is not a good idea. I did not realize that is how lethal has you set them up. I usually piece together my own parts depending on application and run it like CRFRIDER showed or if space is limited like the pictures myself and you posted.

I build my own systems too usually with mostly Fore parts but really I use a variety of sources depending on the parts etc.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Lots of debate over the dead head systems. I like the idea of having the regulator after the rails as opposed to before because if it's before and it's reading say 40 psi by the time it gets to the rails it may be lower if there's an issue somewhere. If it's after the rails and reading 40 psi you know you have at least that at the rails. Fail safe on the side of caution i guess. Might be silly logic but it's my logic. Lethal does run a dead head setup on their high hp cars though.

FastyJohn03

Established Member
I build my own systems too usually with mostly Fore parts but really I use a variety of sources depending on the parts etc.

So I don't really need to use the Y feeding and about the head head rail is that why a band idea can u explain what would it happend.? Sorry new to the hole fuel system thing :beer:

FastyJohn03

Established Member
I would like to see if Jared or someone in the lethalperformance crew join in and let us know why or about the dead head setup

Sick SVT

Established Member
From what I understand from lethal is its more cost effective for the consumer to build a dead head kit vs normal return due to less hoses, fittings, etc. They run them on their builds without issue i just think it comes down to more of a personal choice.

TRBO VNM

IMO it depends on the demands of the system. If someone isn't running that much power or the pump aren't big pumps, then doing a dead head setup is fine. Bigger pumps, more power, using a y-block and feeding the rails first is the way to go.

A setup I am doing right now, which he is only using gss342 pumps and running 500hp...

-8 feed to the regulator, other side of regulator to front of driver rail, crossover in the back and plug the front passenger rail. Return from bottom of reg.

And frankly, there is no need for -10an line. We do not run enough power that would require a line that size.

Users who are viewing this thread