Im I understanding this right???

FastyJohn03

Established Member
From what I understand from lethal is its more cost effective for the consumer to build a dead head kit vs normal return due to less hoses, fittings, etc. They run them on their builds without issue i just think it comes down to more of a personal choice.

IMO it depends on the demands of the system. If someone isn't running that much power or the pump aren't big pumps, then doing a dead head setup is fine. Bigger pumps, more power, using a y-block and feeding the rails first is the way to go.

A setup I am doing right now, which he is only using gss342 pumps and running 500hp...

-8 feed to the regulator, other side of regulator to front of driver rail, crossover in the back and plug the front passenger rail. Return from bottom of reg.

And frankly, there is no need for -10an line. We do not run enough power that would require a line that size.

Well my goal is to be at 800rwhp I don't want to be changing things around,that's why I'm waiting to find out what's the best way to run

Sick SVT

Established Member
I would not run the dead head setup. If it were my car I would run the feed to the filter, then to the y, a line to each rail, then lines from rails to the regulator and a return. Just my .02

FastyJohn03

Established Member
I would not run the dead head setup. If it were my car I would run the feed to the filter, then to the y, a line to each rail, then lines from rails to the regulator and a return. Just my .02

I would be honest that was my plan but since I got the kit with the fittings already together I though that it was a better choice??? wish I could of gotten extra hoses from them to set it up customer choice :shrug:

TRBO VNM

OP, for your power goals, this is how you need to run it.

Call them up and send back the lines you have and ask for line and fittings not pre-made.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well my goal is to be at 800rwhp I don't want to be changing things around,that's why I'm waiting to find out what's the best way to run

John,
As I said in a reply I made in a different thread you're not going to have any issues running the system the way we have it setup. We've run the deadhead setup for years. Not only on our cars but all of our customers cars. No one here can give you or I any actual proof that it doesn't or won't work. It's all just opinions.

I'm also willing to bet that 99% of the people who say that it doesn't work haven't built and raced cars making over 1200rwhp. The proof is in the pudding. If it works on our cars it's going to work the same on yours.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to give me a call. I'll be in the office all day today.

Thanks, Jared

[youtube_browser]u3gGWHV-sgE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]9xIKmYGJiw8[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]OvjgFOXDtoE[/youtube_browser]

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
From what I understand from lethal is its more cost effective for the consumer to build a dead head kit vs normal return due to less hoses, fittings, etc. They run them on their builds without issue i just think it comes down to more of a personal choice.

Lethal has said over and over they run it setup this way on all their shop cars and have no issues with it. Whatever the OPs issue might be the dead head setup is NOT why hes seeing 0 fuel pressure, something else is wrong

FastyJohn03

Established Member
Lethal has said over and over they run it setup this way on all their shop cars and have no issues with it. Whatever the OPs issue might be the dead head setup is NOT why hes seeing 0 fuel pressure, something else is wrong

I fixed that know it was the fuel lines going in the wrong way in the regulator :-D got 41psi right at key star.:beer:

TRBO VNM

I fixed that know it was the fuel lines going in the wrong way in the regulator :-D got 41psi right at key star.:beer:

That's good. But forget what I said about sending those lines back since they are used now. Making your own lines or modifying those is very simple.

FastyJohn03

Established Member
John,
As I said in a reply I made in a different thread you're not going to have any issues running the system the way we have it setup. We've run the deadhead setup for years. Not only on our cars but all of our customers cars. No one here can give you or I any actual proof that it doesn't or won't work. It's all just opinions.

I'm also willing to bet that 99% of the people who say that it doesn't work haven't built and raced cars making over 1200rwhp. The proof is in the pudding. If it works on our cars it's going to work the same on yours.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to give me a call. I'll be in the office all day today.

Thanks, Jared

Thanks Jared I understand that you guys recommend this way and I know that if it didn't work you wouldn't recommend it. I'm just making sure I did it right :-D for being my first time think I did pretty good except where I put the 10 feed in the return port in the regulator :bash: :beer:

FastyJohn03

Established Member
That's good. But forget what I said about sending those lines back since they are used now. Making your own lines or modifying those is very simple.

Thanks bud for your info and I'm kinda thank full they where already pre-made made it very easy,the only thing I did is to wire the two splice wires and joint them together and that was it very easy todo.hopefully I won't need to change anything up :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread