JDM Built 1200+HP rated 5.8L Trinity Shortblocks back in stock!!!

JimIII@jdm

Just a heads up to everyone out there we recently received a shipment of 5.8L Aluminum GT500 engine blocks and assembled a few complete shortblocks to keep in stock! These are brand new Ford OEM Trinity blocks using a Cobra Jet Forged crank, Manley Rods, Mahle pistons, custom ring package, coated clevite bearings, and a O ringed GT500 oil pump with billet gears! We rate these to handle 1200+ HP and a few of our SVTPerformance members have already been putting them to the test for quite some time now!

We offer these as just a shortblock or you can send us your heads and we will assemble them as a complete long block, call us for pricing options going this route.

The JDM 5.8L 1200+HP Shortblocks retail for $11,999 but are on sale right now for only $9,999.00!! Call today to order or for more information! 732-780-0770

http://www.teamjdm.com/5-8l-4v-gt500-aluminum-shortblock-1200-hp-2013-2014-gt500/

Thank you,

JimIII@JDM
[email protected]

Alum_5.8__72921.1469067912.1200.1200.png

5.8L_TeamJDM_shortblock__94877.1469068170.1200.1200.jpg

5.8_Shortblock_2__14393.1469068181.1200.1200.JPG

5.8_aluminum_short_block__74197.1469068176.1200.1200.JPG

JimIII@jdm

1200+ with a Manley h beam?

Yes! We use the same style rods in our Cobra Jet engines making 1400+HP about 1250 RWHP with ZERO issues...they are much stronger than what Manley rates them for!

The standard Manley I beams aren't any stronger, you have to go with the Pro series or 300 M material to make them any stronger but also adds more rotating mass because they are heavier.

I know what their catalog says but we are in the field testing and proving what these parts can handle! We work very closely with Manley's engineers and I know for a fact they have never done power rating testing. They make their claims based on material strength.

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Yes! We use the same style rods in our Cobra Jet engines making 1400+HP about 1250 RWHP with ZERO issues...they are much stronger than what Manley rates them for!

The standard Manley I beams aren't any stronger, you have to go with the Pro series or 300 M material to make them any stronger but also adds more rotating mass because they are heavier.

I know what their catalog says but we are in the field testing and proving what these parts can handle! We work very closely with Manley's engineers and I know for a fact they have never done power rating testing. They make their claims based on material strength.
lol ok

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no offense but an H beam in a 1200+ hp motor is hardly "Bullet Proof". yea I know the Manley H beam can handle a shit load of power but the Manley Pro I beams are a no brainer at that power level especially with a $12k price tag they shud come standard

JimIII@jdm

Roy Hill running our built 5.4L with Manley H beam 4340 R series rods same as used in our 5.8L motors. :) Roy's car made just over 1200 to the tires on our dyno and was 14XX on his engine dyno...

JimIII@jdm

no offense but an H beam in a 1200+ hp motor is hardly "Bullet Proof". Manley Pro I beams are a no brainer at that power level

We are willing to put our name and 1 year warranty on it. We stand behind all the parts in this shortblock for 1200+HP. You can believe what you read in the catalog /internet or what a company who's building and racing these engines everyday who puts the parts to the test!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well, that good to hear but we all know when motors fail there are many issues WHY so in my experience warranties really don't mean dick with an engine build

the engine builder is always saying you ran it lean or not enough oil or watever other BS they want to thro at you been there several times so ill put the better I beams in it for $12k motor and not care about some worthless warranty. no offense....

We are willing to put our name and 1 year warranty on it. We stand behind all the parts in this shortblock for 1200+HP. You can believe what you read in the catalog or what a company who's building and racing these engines everyday who puts the parts to the test!

JimIII@jdm

well, that good to hear but we all know when motors fail there are many issues WHY so in my experience warranties really don't mean dick with an engine build

the engine builder is always saying you ran it lean or not enough oil or watever other BS they want to thro at you been there several times so ill put the better I beams in it for $12k motor and not care about some worthless warranty. no offense....

We stand behind our product and our warranty. When someone burns a hole in a piston from running lean or detonation that's a totally different issue. You have to look at the number of factors that go into an engine failure. When have you seen a H beam Manley rod break? I haven't... and I think we are making a lot more power than most. We can offer I beams to whom ever chooses to go that route but we are standing behind what we offer and that has been enough for a lot of our customers. We'll continue doing it our way and you can continue your way of thought.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
If it works for you guys, that's great. But you asked the question; I've seen a Manley H-beam wrinkled at less than 800rwhp. H-beam failures are also becoming fairly commonplace as power levels are climbing.

In fact, I know of one fairly well covered turbo 4.6 that lost his motor to an H-beam failure this month.

My opinion is this: The Manley H-beam is not a bulletproof 1200 HP rod. Sure under ideal circumstances they can live there but there is virtually zero engineering reserve at that level.

In the end the Manley rod is a light, sub-640 gram 6.657" rod with 3/8" rod bolts. The standard 6.657" Manley H-beam has less material in them than a stock 6.098" Gen IV LS rod. Add the 5.4's 4.165" stroke and the associated piston speeds (greater tensile loading on rod/bolts) and I'd prefer a more robust rod for a legit 1200 HP combo with expectations of longevity/durability. JMHO

Attachments

• images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 427
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 367
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 366
  • images (6).jpg
    images (6).jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 381
  • images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 379
  • images (8).jpg
    images (8).jpg
    4 KB · Views: 379
  • images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 364
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 392
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 380
  • images (6).jpg
    images (6).jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 380

JimIII@jdm

If it works for you guys, that's great. But you asked the question; I've seen a Manley H-beam wrinkled at less than 800rwhp. H-beam failures are also becoming fairly commonplace as power levels are climbing.

In fact, I know of one fairly well covered turbo 4.6 that lost his motor to an H-beam failure this month.

My opinion is this: The Manley H-beam is not a bulletproof 1200 HP rod. Sure under ideal circumstances they can live there but there is virtually zero engineering reserve at that level.

In the end the Manley rod is a light, sub-640 gram 6.657" rod with 3/8" rod bolts. The standard 6.657" Manley H-beam has less material in them than a stock 6.098" Gen IV LS rod. Add the 5.4's 4.165" stroke and the associated piston speeds (greater tensile loading on rod/bolts) and I'd prefer a more robust rod for a legit 1200 HP combo with expectations of longevity/durability. JMHO

Ouch! Someone did some damage there! You can have a failure with a 2000 HP rated rod fail at 500 HP, it's situational. The 5.4L/5.8L being a longer rod does draw more concern than a shorter rod due to load I agree. We can offer a more robust rod if any one has concern, but we don't and we will stand behind our product regardless. As far as longevity or durability we have customers making way more than 800 HP that have been time tested and proven. We've been building combinations like this and similar to this for nearly 20 years and I haven't experienced a failure like that! That is pretty wild, I'd have to imagine the rod did not break simply because of the power level or was defective.

Rocketir

Established Member
We stand behind our product and our warranty. When someone burns a hole in a piston from running lean or detonation that's a totally different issue. You have to look at the number of factors that go into an engine failure. When have you seen a H beam Manley rod break? I haven't... and I think we are making a lot more power than most. We can offer I beams to whom ever chooses to go that route but we are standing behind what we offer and that has been enough for a lot of our customers. We'll continue doing it our way and you can continue your way of thought.
Nice Motor.
I think you should take a pic of the stock rod that everyone claims is good to 750hp, or whatever # it is this week, and the Manley rods in this build. I think people will be surprised at what got put in our motors.

JimIII@jdm

Nice Motor.
I think you should take a pic of the stock rod that everyone claims is good to 750hp, or whatever # it is this week, and the Manley rods in this build. I think people will be surprised at what got put in our motors.

Good point! And what we are trying to do is offer a Shortblock that improves on the weak points of the factory engine and will support the power or more of what 95% of 13-14 GT500 owners are doing. This is the perfect setup for that and is economical compared to the cost of sleeving ($3000) a block and buying $2000+ rods on top of other components!

Attachments

• 5.8Rod (2).JPG
    5.8Rod (2).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 5.8Rod (3).JPG
    5.8Rod (3).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 460
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    759.5 KB · Views: 524

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I own one of these 5.8s, fully understand the rod debate and still purchased.
Why? Its almost impossible to find new 5.8 blocks built from a proven company that RACES their product on a weekly basis.
Plus I don't need 1200hp and if you're building a STREET GT500, this is all the motor you will ever need.
I exceeded my build goals at 943rwhp through this block and 2.3 TVS and we're not done yet.
Anyway, buy with confidence and if you want more than 1200hp, you'll be spending BIG money on upgrades---sleeves, crank, rods just to start.

Jim---care to share the redline or shift points some of your big power CJ guys turn?
-J

dale.baker

Established Member
Why? Its almost impossible to find new 5.8 blocks built from a proven company that RACES their product on a weekly basis.
Plus I don't need 1200hp and if you're building a STREET GT500, this is all the motor you will ever need.
I exceeded my build goals at 943rwhp through this block and 2.3 TVS and we're not done yet.
Anyway, buy with confidence and if you want more than 1200hp, you'll be spending BIG money on upgrades---sleeves, crank, rods just to start.

Jim---care to share the redline or shift points some of your big power CJ guys turn?
-J
I also have a complete JDM built motor. I drove the completed built car from Pittsburgh to Freehold NJ to have Jim Sr. personally dyno tune my car. I have plenty of videos of the tach spinning repetitively to 7600-7700 rpm for 10-12 pulls that day. Who else has a world record car and offers the same reliability in the form of a one year guarantee on a 1000 HP motor. I personally talked to both Cobra Jet owners and both of them told me all they do is change the oil in their cars and Jim Sr. takes care of the tuning. Other than that they have not touched a wrench on their cars. I changed the plugs the other day, the first time since the motor was built in October 2015. Jim Jr. personally took the pictures of the plugs to Matt the engine builder and Jim Sr. and all agreed that after almost 3K miles they looked near perfect. I drive my car 600-700 mile trips and still get 19 MPG with 806RWHP without incident. JDM is a very reputable engine builder that puts customer service first. Any questions PM me and we can discuss them further.

JimIII@jdm

-J

Your car is a testament to the reasons why we designed and built these shortblocks, Thank you for adding to this thread!

We are shifting most of our Cobra Jet's above 7,700 and a max RPM of 8000+ going through the traps! We have the more Cobra Jet's running NHRA events using our engines, running the same rods as advertised here and we are consistently the fastest and quickest at the track! No one can say the same, as you mentioned we race our product on a weekly basis and have never had a connecting rod failure. Otherwise we would be promoting different parts!

Thank you!

JimIII

JimIII@jdm

I also have a complete JDM built motor. I drove the completed built car from Pittsburgh to Freehold NJ to have Jim Sr. personally dyno tune my car. I have plenty of videos of the tach spinning repetitively to 7600-7700 rpm for 10-12 pulls that day. Who else has a world record car and offers the same reliability in the form of a one year guarantee on a 1000 HP motor. I personally talked to both Cobra Jet owners and both of them told me all they do is change the oil in their cars and Jim Sr. takes care of the tuning. Other than that they have not touched a wrench on their cars. I changed the plugs the other day, the first time since the motor was built in October 2015. Jim Jr. personally took the pictures of the plugs to Matt the engine builder and Jim Sr. and all agreed that after almost 3K miles they looked near perfect. I drive my car 600-700 mile trips and still get 19 MPG with 806RWHP without incident. JDM is a very reputable engine builder that puts customer service first. Any questions PM me and we can discuss them further.

Dale your another happy proven customer who's car proves our point! Thank you for the kind words. We pride our selves on building quality motors and providing our customers with support and information so that they are in the know. It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning!

RBB

Established Member
The H beams were my biggest concern about these engines as well, but after talking to Jim for a while today, I wouldn't have any doubts running them in a street/strip car. As bimini said, they're proving the reliability of these rods with their Cobra Jet program. If anyone is on the fence, I'd recommend giving Jim a call and discussing it, nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Jim - good talking with you today. Looking forward to getting the new engine in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread