Lightning Supercharger set up on an Expedition?

NMRARACER

Mod Muscle #10
Established Member
I used the FAQ and came back with nothing. So I hope this isn't something that has been talked to death and I have missed it. I would like to know how difficult it would be to put an 03 Eaton set up off a Lightning on a 98 Expedition 5.4 4x4. I was thinking that the NPI heads would cause a problem. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so if its in the wrong spot sorry. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It has been discussed, a lot. It would be more worthwhile to buy an aftermarket blower like an procharger or whipple. I'm not sure that stock 5.4's can handle the Lightning boost.

It is a lot of work to swap blower, intake, intercooler, intercooler pump, heat exchanger MAF, injectors, Pulleys and belts, and assorted brackets. It would still need a lot of tuning. The $$ spent on this you could buy a kit with everything you need that has been tested and proven to work. Plus, it would probably be cheaper in the long run.

NMRARACER

Mod Muscle #10
Established Member
Well the whole deal is that I can get a complete set up for $1500(Eaton,injectors,TB assorted wiring, COP's etc).I will still have to buy a MAF and re-calibrate for injectors(I have SCT software that I can do that with). Just didn't seem like a huge deal, has anyone ever actually done it? Thanks

Adam

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i am sure someone has, but i just replaced my motor in my L and i dont know if i would want to go thru all the hassle of puting it in a truck not wired for it
but i would have to agree big time with Chris

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
scuba-matt said:
The 5.4 and the transmission that comes in the expedition won't handle the bosst or the extra toqure of the eaton
Thats what I was just about to say. The trans alone wouldn't handle the power and torque made.

Users who are viewing this thread