Long tube Header Opinions needed.

99VERT

Established Member
Ok so I have made the decision to move to long tube headers and I have a few questions:

1) 1-3/4 or 1-7/8? Will there be fitment concerns going to the 1-7/8 vs the 1-3/4?

2) What do you guys recommend from a brand standpoint? ARH, Kooks, Stainless works?

3) Which brand is the least pain the ass to install? I have access to a lift and all the correct tools.

Catted X-pipe or Offroad. Not concerned about emissions as I run and Off road X-pipe now. Just checking to see from a noise volume standpoint between the 2. I will be running the factory mufflers with the headers.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Dynatechs are the way to go. Check out Accesspeed.com on pricing. If they don't have them in stock autoanything.com will price match. That's the cheapest price I've found. I used the dynatech adapters from VMP and cut my lethal H pipe to fit and make my own mid pipe. Go 1- 7/8. If you're going to do it, do it right the first time. It's not something you want to tackle twice, I promise!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Umm... HOLY SHIT. I was going to do some other things for mods in a few weeks, but f that, for 800 bucks I get lontub headers installed? um YES.

Holy shit OP, thanks for creating this thread, I had no idea there were good headers this affordable!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Are there any off road H pipes that are bolt in for these heades?

EDIT: it looks like Flang adapter 791-09527 will let you use your factory h-pipe with cats cut off with the headers. Obviously will need to be welded in.

Whats REALLY kick ass is that Dynatech makes a CATTED version of the flange adapters as well! p/n: 779-30027. Same thing, can work with factory 2.75 h pipes!

THIS IS LITERALLY MIND BLOWING FOR ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Umm... HOLY SHIT. I was going to do some other things for mods in a few weeks, but f that, for 800 bucks I get lontub headers installed? um YES.

Holy shit OP, thanks for creating this thread, I had no idea there were good headers this affordable!

$800.00 non ceramic coated....+ Lethals shipping cost
BUT....yes, I have not heard anything bad about Dynotech

Kooks....because I can, and did

sleek98

Established Member
I did MBRP long tubes and im not a fan, catted mid pipes only. I cannot find a local shop around here that will do a off road mid pipe for me for less than 1,000. Its crazy. I am actually pulling them back out and putting dynatechs in, Luckily I will be doing it on a lift. I think I could swap them out this go around in 2-3 hours.

EDIT: The 659 is the old price, dynatech raised the prices to 899 in 2015 I think. Also their facebook page shows a last post in 2013. I doubt they are still open.

Best price I have found for them from a legit dealer would be lethal and waiting for their 10% sale, Easter is coming up and they usually do a sale if the past repeats.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It looks like they are a partner div8soon of AFCO. And, i see plenty of dynatech headers in stock around the net

sleek98

Established Member
It looks like they are a partner div8soon of AFCO. And, i see plenty of dynatech headers in stock around the net

yeah dynatech is still open but the accesspeed.com is no longer open and is showing their old prices. Let me know if you get anyone to match their price.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Oh... i get what youre saying. A call to accesspeed went straight to voicemail.

:/ drat

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I bought mine through Accesspeed about a year ago, but they were on back order. So I talked to autoanything.com and they price matched for me and got them to me within a week. After that I cancelled my order with Accesspeed because they were like 8 weeks out.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We sell Dynatech 2:1 over the others we offer. Always in stock. A new set is ready to adorn the lovely and talented (and rebuilt) Christine.

BJ

Users who are viewing this thread