maf location questions

QAK

Established Member
Ok well I am pretty sure this is a problem. I have a 2001 gt procharged that I just bought with a f1d procharger. I have been trying to find out why this thing just doesnt run right with the exception of the tune which I dont think is right either. It has an afh60m-20 that looks like its for a 4.0 litre engine when looked up online. There cant be any way this will work for me right? Also it isnt in the boost piping, it is welded to the side of the intercooler!!! My boost piping is 3", can someone point me in the right direction with the correct maf to buy and one that i will be able to fit into my boost piping? I am trying to figure out getting this thing to run right with a new tune ( cant find anyone to do that either) (ive sent a message to 04sleeper) with nothing back yet..... I am trying to get this sorted out this week but in order to get a tune from don lasota racing he needs to know about my maf and right now I have NO answer! Please help!! Thank you!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
you'd be fine with a oem 05+GT slotted MAF, run it blow through. You'll need to weld a bung on a straight portion of that 3" piping. You'll get the best readings and it'll be easiest to nail down a tune.

01yellercobra

Established Member
you'd be fine with a oem 05+GT slotted MAF, run it blow through. You'll need to weld a bung on a straight portion of that 3" piping. You'll get the best readings and it'll be easiest to nail down a tune.

That's what I'd do. I ran a BA5000 in 3.5" pipe in a blow through set up. Was one of the better MAFs I dealt with.

I know the Procharger kits for the S197 place the MAF in one of the intercooler tanks and it seems to work. I did some searching on the part number and it looks like it's already a slot style MAF. Did you tell Don where the MAF is currently located?

QAK

Established Member
Yes I told don, He said it needs to be in the 3 inch piping. Thanks for the info on the 05 plus maf. I thought since I had a bigger supercharger that I would need a bigger maf.

QAK

Established Member
Ok cool, if i can get ahold of malcolmv8 maybe i can get this sucker tuned right. I might not be using the conversation section right because I cant seel to get a reply from 04sleeper, and I just sent a message to malcolm.....

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
All else fails, pro M makes some sweet maf sensors that can be calibrated to anything your tuner wants.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yes I told don, He said it needs to be in the 3 inch piping. Thanks for the info on the 05 plus maf. I thought since I had a bigger supercharger that I would need a bigger maf.
I run the SCT BA5000 slotted meter in my Cobra, you'll have enough range with an oem slotted in 3" piping up to at least 500RW.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Here's a photo of my MAF location, this is 3.5" piping..

112.jpg

QAK

Established Member
Thanks brutal, I'm moving mine to a straight section of 3 inch about 18 inches from the throttle body

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I had my F1A with the BA5000 I think my counts topped out at 736-740. That was the 3.5" pipe. I had tons of room to grow with it. I used the flange from VMP and JB Welded it to a straight piece of pipe.

QAK

Established Member
Slo984now, thanks for the info! How much power did you put down with the f1a?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Slo984now, thanks for the info! How much power did you put down with the f1a?

That set up never saw a dyno. The only time I dynoed it was when I had a D1 on the engine. At 12psi it made 496rwhp. That was on a Mustang Dyno. When I put the F1A on I pullied it for 19psi.

QAK

Established Member
Ok, I have the f1d, I guess ill have to call procharger to see about a smaller pulley. I'm seeing 15.....getting tuned by Malcolmv8 right now, I'm sure it will be a much better tune!

Users who are viewing this thread