rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
What happened to it?

They probably use Darton or LA Sleeves.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So you had a 5.8 block sleeved, it failed and they wont sell you a replacement sleeve? That doesnt seem right. Do they only sell as a set or something?

brian@p+

Established Member
So you had a 5.8 block sleeved, it failed and they wont sell you a replacement sleeve? That doesnt seem right. Do they only sell as a set or something?

Yes thy wont sell a sleeve or a set of sleeves period.

Customer has 1 sleeve that should be replaced. And they say the block has to go back to California. They don't sell sleeves apparently. So $ 800 freight bill plus their labour and parts.

I guess will have to source somewhere and/or machine one to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Is it something they (MMR) have done in the past? Not talking smack, just have a few parts of theirs ive been eyeing for future upgrades to my car.

brian@p+

Established Member
Is it something they (MMR) have done in the past? Not talking smack, just have a few parts of theirs ive been eyeing for future upgrades to my car.
they sleeved the block initially and I have never tried to buy a sleeve from them before.

It is common practice to buy sleeves and install locally, I asked why and never got a response. I guess it is not a serviceable item in their opinion.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they dont want a shop to screw up the install then everyone blames their sleeve? I dunno, theyre the same people that buy other peoples tools/testers, put their sticker over it and mark it up as their own.

Users who are viewing this thread