My 2018 Raptor has arrived.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Picked up the 18 Raptor late Monday afternoon. I was sad to see the 12 go, but after 5 years it was time.

Initial impressions: Power band is very good. The electronics in the dash are incredible.

Cons: I hate the factory brights, they suck. I already miss my 40" LED bar on the back roads at 5 AM. Also, the rear end seems looser. The truck doesn't seem as planted as the 12 was.

The dealer let me swap my Method Mesh and Toyo MT 35s at no cost which was fantastic. Factory rims and tires on Raptors look tiny.

Side by side with the retired 2012:
35b819g.jpg

At home:
2vhzy9d.jpg

I'm going to order some RPG 1.5" collars to raise the front to make it level. I'll probably start looking for a front bumper soon.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
So I take it you did not have the rocker panel fixed on the other side of the '12 before you traded it in ?

Incorrect. I had both rockers replaced, just at different times due to stages of perforation. It was actually in the shop a 3rd time because rust started coming back on the first rocker that was replaced.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Shouldn't have rust on the rockers on this one! LOL

Congrats on the new truck! They are very nice rides.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Faptastic congrats I want one also !!!!
I'm car note free since I just paid my S60 so I'm gonna stash away some raptor money now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
Great looking truck. Just can't bring myself to spend that kind of coin for one, even if I could afford it, which I can't right now.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Beautiful truck.

Do you think they purposely keep the rear end lighter to get the truck to rotate easier?

Users who are viewing this thread