my cobra has blown the dpfe line off and burned the sensor

keroseneburner

Established Member
03 with about 5000 miles on the engine. EGR valve moves when vacuum is applied. There seems to be a lot of heat coming through the floor...I'm thinking cat blockage? How do I test this, The car seems to make power, so I don't think it is fully blocked.

thanks

hotcobra03

Established Member
I've blown line off..never melted but it is exhaust.

I just gotten an used sensor from Bone yard..po402..I have a clamp on larger hose..it blew off

I got both hoses with it..but pulling that tube isn't fun

keroseneburner

Established Member
I got a new one with new silicone lines, the other lines were a little sketchy so maybe it just came off, the hot gas that is not supposed to be in the sensor got in there and burned. Thats my theory

MG0h3

Established Member
You use a vacuum gauge on the exhaust. Can probably rent one from Autozone and google the procedure.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
I had the same issue, I took it to an exhaust shop an they checked for free, turned out to be my driver side Cat, so swapped it for a x pipe with cats, solved my issue.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Used to see dpfe hoses burn and fail just because of their age. Had an 03 F-150 burn one up. Cat was fine. We were towing snowmobiles to the mountains, fixed it with an extra piece of fuel line that I never changed out even when we got home. No more light, kinda forgot about it. Was still on the truck when I traded it.

keroseneburner

Established Member
Mine did the exact same thing. Got new silicone lines (and a new dpfe) I put zip ties on the lines and have not had a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread