My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Tob:
Great vid. So you're selling the GT350 for the next GT500?
That is good news but I can see why that'll be hard to let go, your 350 is beautiful.

You have Intel it's coming up soon. I'm waiting for it too so I can get a gt350 for cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I usually don't buy the first model year of anything, so I'm waiting to hear about the next GT500, and agree once announced there will be more 350s available.
I'll either change my routine and jump on board right away, or get a Lightning Blue GT350 to have fun until the next GT500.
Either way, great news.
-J

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Looking to pick up the next GT500 as the wife wants to develop caliper studs for that car too. I can't argue with that so this one will have to go. I really like this one but she's right. That's why.

Why not pick up a GT Supercar in the interim? It's a mite expensive, but it'll probably be worth more when you sell it than it is when you buy it ;-)

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wwooooww. No way would I sell that car. Gotta have both at that point lol

My '90 LX HO doesn't get driven as it is. If I had three Mustangs at the same time (again) they'd never be taken advantage of. I'm trying hard not to do that.

Tob:
Great vid. So you're selling the GT350 for the next GT500?
That is good news but I can see why that'll be hard to let go, your 350 is beautiful.

Thanks J!

Why not pick up a GT Supercar in the interim? It's a mite expensive, but it'll probably be worth more when you sell it than it is when you buy it ;-)

Hmm. Never considered that. I'll adjust my plans accordingly.:)

Nice video. This car didnt last in the stable very long...

I'll never learn to let things go that I really like. This one will be no different.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll never learn to let things go that I really like. This one will be no different.

If I was in the market for a pre-owned 350, yours would be the one. The quality of your work on it is top notch.

Best of luck with the sale!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks. I hope to find somebody looking for a car like this that is as passionate about them as I am.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I honestly can't think of a shifter that MGW sells that isn't.

I've been as immersed as one can be for somebody not employed there. George and I have talked to each other about this one since well before the first car was sold to the public. There were some unique challenges to making this one work exceptionally well and George conquered each and every one. From concept to prototype to what eventually became the latest revision, it has been fascinating to watch this one mature. We could talk through this shifter piece by piece and you'd not be unimpressed, I wholeheartedly assure you.

Last time I was at MGW's production facility I walked the floor on a weekend when nobody was there but George and I. CNC machines fill the production floor with hardware that pretty much covers the American muscle/sports car gamut. A quick few from my phone from a small corner of the building.

20171007_143902.jpg

20171007_143030.jpg

20171007_143240.jpg

20171007_144714.jpg

20171007_144731.jpg

I had a pre-production GT350 shifter from George in the car and loved it. I was plenty happy with it. During my last stay down there George wanted me to switch to the latest version. I'm even happier and I didn't think that was possible. Hold one in your hand for even just a moment and you'll know why it's the best there is. It is executed perfectly.

The second to last time I was in Augusta I asked George if we could do a few film clips to illustrate why a TR3160 shifter had to be a bit more complex. In a few moments George cut slots and threw one together on a stand. Obviously not representative of finished product (or the latest version) but you get an idea of what is going on inside.

And to show a bit of lineage and progression.

We could also talk for quite a bit about the car comes with. A quick look...

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
In my opinion sell it and go on with your wife and your plans for the 500. The thing is life is incredible short, so you need to try different things and not hold on to a vehicle for speculation of making a buck. I mean really what are you possibly gonna make 20-30 grand ?...like I said life is too short so just enjoy it. with the new 500

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VegasMichael

Established Member
I was back home the other day and saw Tob at a Chevrolet dealership. He was looking at those Vettes with a lascivious eye....

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
He was probably just checking to see if they'd taken any Ford GT Supercars in on trade recently.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Actually, I've been eyeballing the scooters at my local supermarket as of late. The basket in the front is really convenient. Top speed is s bit lacking though.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Actually, I've been eyeballing the scooters at my local supermarket as of late. The basket in the front is really convenient. Top speed is s bit lacking though.
Do they have the capacity to tow a closed trailer with a GT500 in it? It'd be great for track days.

Users who are viewing this thread