N2MB WOT Box - General Info

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I just wanted to post this for guys seeking information on using the N2MB WOT box.

For starters, you WILL need a tune. There are a few early Coyote tune strategies that it doesn't effect, but the majority of late strategy programs WILL REQUIRE A TUNE to tackle issues with the computer going into limp mode due to the excessive misfire.

Lund Racing can provide a tune that addresses this issue. I'm running it and it works great.

Stick shift guys....you still have to (somewhat) ease the clutch out when using the launch control. You don't want to simply drop the clutch or you'll just burn the tires off. The WOT box will hold the setpoint RPM until the clutch is almost fully out. But, if you drop the clutch, the box releases the launch control and you will spin the tires.

It doesn't build boost that well with a turbo, but let's me get it to 1psi at a 4000rpm launch. My turbos spool so fast that it isn't an issue, but don't expect this thing to give you the spool that an anti-lag setup will.

No-lift shift. Start with the settings in "auto", then reduce the time as you get better. It works really well. Keep your foot in the gas, push clutch, shift, release clutch.

Mat5.0

Established Member
Does it kick on all the time at a certain RPM or are there a distinct series of steps to activate it? Ever had it just randomly activate on you while driving?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
You must have the clutch depressed and the throttle open to the position you set before it will activate. If you set it up per the default instructions, it will only activate at wide open throttle with the clutch pressed.

Normal driving, you don't even notice it is there.

Push the clutch in and floor the throttle, it will hold the setpoint RPM until the clutch is fully released.

Users who are viewing this thread