Need a work/business watch under $700

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You can explain watches same way I explain cars and baseball, if you have to ask, you'll never understand.

Seiko has some great watches in your price range. One I got recently.

Anyone know where to get a good strap? I'm thinking an ox blood strap would go great with this
67509221c6d046ff8ea4a37c93aa8668.jpeg
seiko-srpc01j1-presage.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
If you invest in a Rolex it will last you the rest of your life. You don't need a watch to know the time, a good watch makes a statement of your success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That is what I did. I just recently bought my first watch and it was a older Datejust. He needs to get familiar with wearing a watch first though so he's not banging up a good one. I wore a fitbit for a year and I still have to THINK about where my wrist is so I'm not bumping it around.

blk02edge

Established Member
No one has mentioned Movado watches? They are in his price range and decent cheap daily watches. I use one as a daily
They are nice as long as you buy pre-owned, I dont think any watch in the world has a worse resale as they are known as a mall watch, same with Tissot

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Blue Angel's edition that was like $699 new. It's nice and can transition from work to entertaining clients easily.

They have numerous models under $700

wr200 front.jpg

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

jrandy

Established Member
I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Blue Angel's edition that was like $699 new. It's nice and can transition from work to entertaining clients easily.

They have numerous models under $700

View attachment 1504111

I have a few Citizen watches and they have been nothing but great. I get compliments on them all the time.

My94GT

Established Member
This is why I prefer a steinhart, sub style without the retarded price that a real rolex isnt worth while not being a phony
Do you own any of the Steinhart watches? They look great and would be a nice watch to wear daily. Also if so did you order directly from them or source elsewhere?

blk02edge

Established Member
Do you own any of the Steinhart watches? They look great and would be a nice watch to wear daily. Also if so did you order directly from them or source elsewhere?
Yea, I have the 1st gen ocean one red. Got off ebay actually, prices have gone up since
Next to my buddys hulk which he takes zero care of.
20180623_142319.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
Yea, I have the 1st gen ocean one red. Got off ebay actually, prices have gone up since
Next to my buddys hulk which he takes zero care of.
View attachment 1504457
Nice, I’m really liking them. For the money it just seems hard to pass up. Really liking this one. Sure it’s a submariner rip off but I love the style and frankly don’t feel like spending 5k for a used or even more for new. If I want to boast an authentic piece I have a Breitling that was gifted to me.

Also I work in a shop so a 500 dollar watch is appealing for daily wear.

Attachments

• 41F95A9B-46F8-45CB-85E1-BFED75DD4042.jpeg
    41F95A9B-46F8-45CB-85E1-BFED75DD4042.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 72

My94GT

Established Member
Miss mine sometimes. If my son graduates college he will get a one. View attachment 1504470
That’s one of my favorite watches. I’ll likely get one at some point in the next few years but right now this has already been an expensive year lol house, car, and baby due any week now.

This son will get the Breitling when he’s older as it was given to me by my mother in law as part of a wedding gift and I’d like to pass it down. Next baby if we have a boy I’ll pass down the next high end watch I get.

blk02edge

Established Member
Nice, I’m really liking them. For the money it just seems hard to pass up. Really liking this one. Sure it’s a submariner rip off but I love the style and frankly don’t feel like spending 5k for a used or even more for new. If I want to boast an authentic piece I have a Breitling that was gifted to me.

Also I work in a shop so a 500 dollar watch is appealing for daily wear.
yea for the price difference it's kinda hilarious. I'd be far more interested in an EL Primero or an Omega planet ocean. Better bang for the buck IMO. a sub shouldn't cost what they do, and wouldn't if the frenzy for that name didn't exist

Users who are viewing this thread