Neutralize odor and provide clean scent

Inb0ost

Established Member
I am trying to find out the best way to neutralize unwanted odors from my interior and in return generate a lasting scent from my cleaning products. The odors are not that of food or sweat, but almost more of a grease type smell, as if the car has been left in a mech shop with the windows down, it is my project car which consists of a 99 GT shell (ive owned since 2003 with 48k miles) with a swapped 03 cobra interior. I noticed the odor change once i installed the 03 seats and the headliner from another wrecked 03 cobra. The seats are pretty clean and were not in a flooded car etc, nor was the headliner, but the smell is not as desirable as my clean 03 10th convertible with 33k miles (which still smells new). Any tips on to how I can neutralize the odors and allow my cleaning product scents to be more prominent? I am going after that clean new car smell.

oldmodman

Established Member
Find someone with an Ozone generator. Roll the windows up and put the generator on the floor. Turn it on for half an hour and see if that is enough to eliminate the smell. It may take longer.
I had a barf, baby shit, and rotten milk loaded minivan to de-reek once.
It took shampooing all the interior fabric. Foaming the AC and heater vents. And two doses of Ozone at four hours each before it was odor free.

Or you could buy one of the Chinese Ozone generators on Ebay. They work OK and the price has fallen through the floor in the last year.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Commerc...d24a32b9882083ec9c3eae&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&

blue 07

Established Member
^ As a detailer myself, I will second that. I also just tried a new product from Adams Premium Car Care called "Odor Neutralizer" . Works great, smells awesome. The idea is to neutralize the odor, not cover it up, which no air freshener will do for you.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
One thing I do since I don't have an ozone machine is steam clean. The heat kills the bacteria and germs that are causing the odors in the first place. I just did the interior of an Escalade yesterday and it took about 60 minutes to do the carpet and headliner. if you put a light solvent one a MF towel and use in conjunction with the steam it works awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread