New build after a broken rod

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Glad I decided to take intercooler apart to clean it good. Piece of rod or piston stuck in a corner of the cooler.

e3992ba35dacd2788dab4da22cdb6f87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice.
Have you max ported the lower manifold including the cut/weld?
Made a huge visual difference on mine and from those who know, it really is worth the effort.
-J

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
How's the build coming along? I had a question for you, which wire did you use to trigger your pumps on your FC3?

RBB

Established Member
Very nice.
Have you max ported the lower manifold including the cut/weld?
Made a huge visual difference on mine and from those who know, it really is worth the effort.
-J
I don't want to derail the thread, but could you give some specific details on how the lower manifold port is done? I've been looking around, but can't dig anything up.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
How's the build coming along? I had a question for you, which wire did you use to trigger your pumps on your FC3?

I'll get you a picture of it and some details this week. I was at NHRA last weekend and I'm still waiting to get engine back with cams degreed. My guy was super busy.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't want to derail the thread, but could you give some specific details on how the lower manifold port is done? I've been looking around, but can't dig anything up.
There is a good post from member 'Bad Company' on this and at least a pic from my thread, look for threads I've recently started, "I'm back 943rwhp rebuild" has some pics.

MG--looking forward to seeing the results.
-J

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I don't have that tensioner. Mine are mmr race spec tensioners. You had me freaking out and calling mmr. Mine will work

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Better safe than sorry. That was the only tensioner I found on their website besides OEM. I've been down this road of upgrading timing chain components. Looks like you have mucho denero in that build, and I would have hated to see something bad happen to it.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Better safe than sorry. That was the only tensioner I found on their website besides OEM. I've been down this road of upgrading timing chain components. Looks like you have mucho denero in that build, and I would have hated to see something bad happen to it.

Yea I'm about 25k into it now. I am being very cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread