New build after a broken rod

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great man! Curious as to why you didn't upgrade to the 10mm/Ford gt stuff?
I didn't either and I don't want to speak for Sylvain/BPS, but I'm not sure they did either.
I have some upgraded valve train, but didn't do the primary chain/larger GT sprocket. I was told very few failures there, almost all in the secondaries that we know well.
-J

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
2137ad071163bd3887ba54f9ba033069.jpg

Getting close to firing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Awesome build man hope to see it out sometime. Coming back over for CTC? I am currently in the process of doing cams and a few other things to mine.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
well after getting frustrated with needing to constantly order knick knack pieces and parts I finally got the car pretty much finished. The Car didn't want to spin over after swapping back to my factory gt500 computer. After a pats reset it spins over now. Well Since I have a fuel pump controller i definitely have fuel pressure. I have a start up tune from my tuner. Just tryign to get it on the trailer and to his shop. I checked to make sure crank trigger was plugged in. I pulled a coil and plug to check for spark and I don't smell fuel or have a spark. Any ideas?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I haven't been on here in awhile. I ended up going with a holley efi stand alone on the car. The baumann controller is working out very well. I haven't seen the car in a few months. We are leaving the factory pcm in as well to control all the normal function of the car and to keep the dash working as well.

I switched to a cowl hood. Even with the lowering brackets and lowering motor mounts the KB throttle body was wedged against the brake fluid reservoir. I raised it back up and removed all the mounts and went with a carbon fiber cowl hood. After all of that I switched to a mechanical throttle body and It would have cleared the brake reservoir now. Is what it is. I expect to have the car back in a week or two. We made one pull with the big pulley on the car and it made 793 rwhp at 3k rpms. The throttle body kept closing itself so we abandoned the stock pcm for engine management. Car is going to be a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread