Recommend a power washer & portable jump starter

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've been meaning to get a power washer for a while, but keep forgetting about it. It'll be used for washing cars, washing house, etc.

Also, after the alternator going out in the Miata, it's time to stop procrastinating on getting a jump starter to carry around. Thankfully, I wasn't far from my destination & my friend came & jumped me. I've seen a ton of them online for under $50 so what is good & reliable?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I purchased a Generac power washer from Lowes with the Briggs & Stratton motor and it's been great so far. Comes with a soap tank and a few different nozzles. I've used it to do everything from wash the Cobra to power wash my siding.

oldmodman

Established Member
Power washer. They all seem to fail within a few years.
So. Buy WHATEVER is on the shelf at Costco. Save the box and receipt. Then when it fails return it for a full refund, go over to the shelf any buy another of whatever is on the shelf.
This hold true for almost all electric and small gasoline powered ones. If you spend three or four thousand for a big gas or diesel powered and heated one then you get what you are paying for.

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Power washer. They all seem to fail withing a few years.
So. But WHATEVER is on the shelf at Costco. Save the box and receipt. Then when it fails return it for a full refund, go over to the shelf any buy another of whatever is on the shelf.
This hold true for almost all electric and small gasoline powered ones. If you spend three or four thousand for a big gas or diesel powered and heated one then you get what you are paying for.

Not sure if you have it in your area but i use the 91 non-ethanol in my equipment and it seems to run smoother.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
If you buy a pressure washer make sure you get one with a Honda engine. I have pounded on mine for 15 years and it works great. Watch out - it's a slippery slope... First the driveway...then the front steps...oh the garage....yeah the patio...ooooo the sidewalk!!! If you are OCD expect your water bill to jump.

08mojo

Established Member
I also have a dewalt with a honda engine from the big orange box store. I've had it for 4+ years now without a single issue. It gets used all the time for the dirtbikes, deck, drive, cars, etc...

I, too, am interested in the jump box recommendations. I have to ask though: if your alternator failed, and you drove the car enough to drain the battery, how is a jump box going to help?;)

Never_Enough

Established Member
I also have a dewalt with a honda engine from the big orange box store. I've had it for 4+ years now without a single issue. It gets used all the time for the dirtbikes, deck, drive, cars, etc...

I, too, am interested in the jump box recommendations. I have to ask though: if your alternator failed, and you drove the car enough to drain the battery, how is a jump box going to help?;)
I already replaced the alternator. Car is back to good to go.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Most pressure washer failures are due to having a shitty pump.

Make sure it has a Cat Pump, change the pump oil regularly with Cat Pump oil and use the pump protector lubricant anytime it will not be used for a while.

I have a 3300psi Ridgid with a Subaru motor that is about 10 years old and has been flawless.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
When washing cars, I hate having an engine running the entire time. I went with electric and just chose a middle of the road Greenworks from Lowe's and bought the 3 year warranty. It's been a few years now and it's never given me any issues. It probably only gets used twice a month during summer though.

As for a jump box, my room mate bought one for jumping cars when he worked at Honda.

https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Porta...UTF8&qid=1484755914&sr=8-10&keywords=jump+box

He didn't expect much out of it but he said it jumps cars just fine. He has since quit so it doesn't get a ton of use. I can't comment on longevity, or how well it will hold a charge because he is absolutely religious about keeping batteries charged.

nxhappy

Established Member
Power washer. They all seem to fail within a few years.
So. Buy WHATEVER is on the shelf at Costco. Save the box and receipt. Then when it fails return it for a full refund, go over to the shelf any buy another of whatever is on the shelf.
+1 for costco replacements !

_Snake_

Established Member
If an electric pressure washer is an option, check out Karcher. I've been really happy with mine and there's a ton of accessories.

Never_Enough

Established Member
When washing cars, I hate having an engine running the entire time. I went with electric and just chose a middle of the road Greenworks from Lowe's and bought the 3 year warranty. It's been a few years now and it's never given me any issues. It probably only gets used twice a month during summer though.

As for a jump box, my room mate bought one for jumping cars when he worked at Honda.

https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Porta...UTF8&qid=1484755914&sr=8-10&keywords=jump+box

He didn't expect much out of it but he said it jumps cars just fine. He has since quit so it doesn't get a ton of use. I can't comment on longevity, or how well it will hold a charge because he is absolutely religious about keeping batteries charged.
I'm going to go with an electric washer & leaning toward 1 of them, the Briggs from HD or the one from Harbor Freight right now.

Users who are viewing this thread