Retro Review: 1991 Ford F-150 SuperCab

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
My problem is that new cars are just too sanitary. A 500HP S550 feels cool, but a 300HP Fox feels like a monster trying to kill you. The sensation of speed can often be more thrilling than actual speed.

More fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Chevelle is slower than my friends cobra (maybe even my V6 before it blew a trans). But damn, when the secondaries kick in you forget all about that.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Is this one retro yet? I remember buying it when I was 12. I loved both cars at the time and still do lol.

F95FC721-3D5F-4154-BDC1-D286B4D82584_zpsbu1oij1c.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
exact reason I sold my 2015 GT for a 2003 cobra.

Yeah my girls 2015 makes 40 more whp than my 03 cobra, but she's scared to drive the cobra, feels like she's going to crash it. Said 'you gotta pay attention to too much shit driving your car'

aaaaaaand there you have it folks.
for real man. the terminator feels pretty raw. gotta love it. plus that blower whine !!

nxhappy

Established Member
crazy to think about how far we've come in just 25 years....

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
This issue and the one before it with the comparison of the possible upcoming cobra for 2003 the supercharged 4.6 and the NA 5.4 is what caused me to go $35k in the hole buying a terminator in late 2002 when they were first available. Mine was the first one around where I live and I was laying the smackdown on many candy asses back then with a pullied cobra :). Ahhhhh those were the days!

Is this one retro yet? I remember buying it when I was 12. I loved both cars at the time and still do lol.

F95FC721-3D5F-4154-BDC1-D286B4D82584_zpsbu1oij1c.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This issue and the one before it with the comparison of the possible upcoming cobra for 2003 the supercharged 4.6 and the NA 5.4 is what caused me to go $35k in the hole buying a terminator in late 2002 when they were first available. Mine was the first one around where I live and I was laying the smackdown on many candy asses back then with a pullied cobra :). Ahhhhh those were the days!

Hard to believe that a BPU Terminator used to dominate basically everything on the street.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
that old straight six is one of the best truck motors ever made. So smooth and torquey.

I worked at UPS in the late 90s going through college and washed the package cars at night after our local sort.... All of the gas turcks had that ford l6... the diesels had a cummins or a powerstroke (PS was gutless back then compared to the cummins).

the 4.9 in those gas package cars kicked ass... they were all manual trans trucks and we would raw hide the living hell out of them... sliding through corners and burning tires all through granny gear into 1st LOL.

good times.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Hard to believe that a BPU Terminator used to dominate basically everything on the street.

Ha, I remembered the first mainstream one on the web was that black one with the non chromed rims. I can't remember his screen name but his races were posted everywhere and was the first Cobra to outrun some many things back then. He was up north somewhere.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ha, I remembered the first mainstream one on the web was that black one with the non chromed rims. I can't remember his screen name but his races were posted everywhere and was the first Cobra to outrun some many things back then. He was up north somewhere.

That was @Blades. It was a time before YouTube when we were searching for places to upload/host our Quicktime videos.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
That was @Blades. It was a time before YouTube when we were searching for places to upload/host our Quicktime videos.

Ahhhh, that is the one indeed.

That is true now that I think about it, there wasn't YouTube up and running at the time. I just remember having to download different formats of video players to view different vids people posted. It was a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread