Roush TVS 79mm and 82mm pulley numbers?

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I'm also running stock airbox w/ k&n drop in. I dynoed around 550 on the 82 pulley. I definitely feel at this power level, it is a restriction. Once I upgrade injectors and idlers, I plan to get the JLT, L&M 66 Tb and run 82 so I hit my whp goal. My goal is mid 10s on my 20s with drag radials. I feel the bigger throttle body will net a solid gain from dyno graphs I've seen. Also going with 3.55s. Supposedly the dyno I was on reads about 15-20whp low, but again it's just a tool.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I would do a little more research on the TB before buying.

I'm also running stock airbox w/ k&n drop in. I dynoed around 550 on the 82 pulley. I definitely feel at this power level, it is a restriction. Once I upgrade injectors and idlers, I plan to get the JLT, L&M 66 Tb and run 82 so I hit my whp goal. My goal is mid 10s on my 20s with drag radials. I feel the bigger throttle body will net a solid gain from dyno graphs I've seen. Also going with 3.55s. Supposedly the dyno I was on reads about 15-20whp low, but again it's just a tool.

corepwn

Established Member
With the following mods:
TVS w/82mm, Stock Airbox, OR-H, skinnies up front (radial) and 275/50/15 radial in the rear, my car went 10.5s @ 128 in the 1/4. Spare being removed as the only weight reduction, 3900lbs~ raceweight.

I've never been on a dyno.

by9468840

Established Member
i went ahead and orderd 79mm pulley and a KB 40amp BAP. I dont have any cash left to buy ID injectors. According to Justin's post, 79mm is ok if rev limited to 7100. I saw in SCT flash that Justin anyway limited the rev at 7000rpm. I hope that KB BAP will kick in anyway if necessary.

by9468840

Established Member
after reading a post about comparing stock filter to K&N drop in, I ordered the OEM airfilter again. It seems like the OEM actually produces better hp/torque results..

I also have 3.73 SVT complete axle assembly (GT500 track pack axle)
Its gonna be insane with 79mm pulley and short axle. :banana:

corepwn

Established Member
after reading a post about comparing stock filter to K&N drop in, I ordered the OEM airfilter again. It seems like the OEM actually produces better hp/torque results..

I also have 3.73 SVT complete axle assembly (GT500 track pack axle)
Its gonna be insane with 79mm pulley and short axle. :banana:

Good luck getting traction on the street. :burnout:

by9468840

Established Member
i know.. its gonna be terrible with traction. I am gonna mount 285/35 tires on my stock brembos. hoping to get even a tiny bit more traction.

deepblue13

Established Member
Just got back from the dyno and put down 577 on first pull and 582 on the second with a 82mm pulley.

Other mods - Afco he, JLT intake, offroad x pipe and axle backs

corepwn

Established Member
Not bad for 82mm TVS, JLT and OR pipe.

Slightly under what some report, but dynos vary.

... get it to the strip.

deepblue13

Established Member
I'll have to check the datalogs. I wasn't really laying attention. I was looking at the new shop the company just moved too.

Salferaih

Established Member
Roush TVS w/82mm, Posi ported elbow & TB, JLT big air intake, 47lb injectors, Roush AB, VMP tune, put done 599rwhp & 526rwtq on one dyno & 550rwhp & 490rwtq at another, same setup & both dynojets.

You can run the 79mm with the 47lb injectors just set limiter at 7100 becaue the injectors are at their max & get lean on the high end, this is per Justin, so the injectors are the first thing to give up so the BAP will do you no good & is not needed.

Going from a 82mm to 79mm is notworth it to me, its only half a pound of boost, thats why im going with 72lb injectors & 75mm pulley

Salferaih

Established Member
What kind of fuel are you using and what's your psi readings?? 599hp is a very good number for 82mm

Who made the tuning for you ?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, this is pretty impressive for Roush. Not many mods and the cars are putting out some decent dyno numbers and one pretty decent track time/MPH.
I've been looking at the Phase 3 kit lately.

OX1

Established Member
I have 14 auto, Phs 3 with Phs 1 air cleaner housing (bought separately off E-bay for street use), VMP tune, 305 DR, Roush upper/lower control arms. No other mods, and I went 11.29 @ 125 @ ATCO 2 nights ago. Only second pass since I put it together. Hoping I have time to run CAI Phs 3 came with and tune for it before winter.

20171017_182258a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread