Shawn Ellis tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
I'm only one person, but I just wanted to share my experience with Shawn.

We went to Apex for the NorCal Dyno Daze where Shawn would be doing the tuning. Our experience with him there was very pleasurable. He went out of his way to make sure everything was good, especially after problems with our Densecharger and belt slip.

After finishing the tune, Shawn also said that if we ever had a chance to bring the car down south after the idler install, then please do it. Fortunately, I had planned a trip in the oncoming weeks for a Z car meet. I had never really given a definite answer to Shawn if I was going to bring the car or not, so he didn't have any idea until a Friday afternoon as I was heading down. Again, he went out of his to way to set us up with some dyno time, so he could check the tune.

Lucky we did, because it was a little lean in the midrange. He fixed us right up and we were on our way. Good smooth power band and a lot of :burnout:

Here's a link to the full story, dyno numbers, and dyno sheet:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1023232#post1023232

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Glad someone had a good experience with him. You're the first in a long time to post positive about him.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
I very much understand and saw the story. I'm sorry for your bad experience and hope everything gets resolved.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Sad thing is when you have a bad experience with a authorized vendor on SVTP and you write about it , its gets deleted.
I think it's unfair and everyone has a right to know about everyones experience.
Sorry for high jack guys!:)

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
ive seen alot of happy customers with him............
i really think most of his problems could be avoided if he had his own facility with regular business hours where he could be reached at....
not here to flame at all :burn: .......
cause he was a cool guy when i actually got ahold of him....
that was one of the reasons why i went elsewhere ....
congrats on your experience.....

Sad thing is when you have a bad experience with a authorized vendor on SVTP and you write about it , its gets deleted.
I think it's unfair and everyone has a right to know about everyones experience.

agreed .....

MineralGrey03

Established Member
I think a lot of the deleted threads could be avoided and left for everyone to read, if the responses by all parties were mature. Unfortunately, egos get in the way and emotions go out of check. The upset customer usually feels that they have no other choice but to bring up the problem in a public forum to get resolution. There are exceptions but let's not bring them into it.

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
Shawn is a busy guy. For a while he was the only tuner who knew the KB system. I'd tuned with Danny Swanson before I went to Shawn. Most KB guys tune with him so I jumped aboard. He's a great tuner and i have not heard one thing bad about his tuning. As most of you do know he is very hard to get a hold of so you just have to be patient.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Hmmmmmmmmmm

I also haven't had a bad experience with Shawn. I went to the SoCal Diablo Dyno Day the end of February and had a good time watching him dyno numerous Cobras including mine. His dyno was the first on my Mystichrome and he netted 430.4 SAE RWHP/400.1 RWTQ. I left a happy man but the 'GO-Fast Bug' bit me again and I was back to Superior to get the 8lb lower pulley and assorted goodies on my Cobra. After all was said and done, I was at 459RWHP and I believe 479 RWTQ at a safe 12-14lbs of boost. I started a post asking questions about what size upper pulley I should be looking into go with my 6lb lower and that post got into a bitching and moaning post. I had to ask the moderator to kill it because that wasn't the reason I started it in the first place. All in all, I've not had a bad experience with Shawn and/or Superior Automotive and I look forward to going back sometime in the near future to either change out the 8lb pulley for a 6lb lower and 3.10 upper, or just bring it back to stock and save the lower Pullies for a later date add on.

Doug E. Fresh :coolman:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by F8l Vnm
Sorry for high jack guys!:)

Read the post above with the link.
It hasn't been deleted.:nonono:

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGrey03
I think a lot of the deleted threads could be avoided and left for everyone to read, if the responses by all parties were mature. Unfortunately, egos get in the way and emotions go out of check. The upset customer usually feels that they have no other choice but to bring up the problem in a public forum to get resolution. There are exceptions but let's not bring them into it.

You hit the nail on the head........I think most issues can be resolved on a PM basis, but most resort to attacks on the web because it's so easy to do. I also think patience is very important....especially when tuning your vehicle. :idea:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by VENOM98
You hit the nail on the head........I think most issues can be resolved on a PM basis, but most resort to attacks on the web because it's so easy to do. I also think patience is very important....especially when tuning your vehicle. :idea:

Good call Venom98!! Is that why you guys are busy making sexually explicit remarks about my wife on your web site? Never once did I attack Shawn or Socal Diablo personally but now look at this thread:

http://socaldiablo.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=395

Real class act. Hey, and thanks for un-banning me. Now at least I can read the trash you post!

FYI: if that thread gets deleted I have it saved and can post it again if need be.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
WOW Shawn's personal attacks on his own customers and other vendors are totally unacceptable.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by JPKII
Good call Venom98!! Is that why you guys are busy making sexually explicit remarks about my wife on your web site? Never once did I attack Shawn or Socal Diablo personally but now look at this thread:

http://socaldiablo.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=395

Real class act. Hey, and thanks for un-banning me. Now at least I can read the trash you post!

FYI: if that thread gets deleted I have it saved and can post it again it need be.

Not Picking Sides No More! but Omar didnt say any thing about
u or ur wife....let that be know.

Pyro

Established Member
I had a GREAT experience with Shawn during a private tune on my Cobra. He went out of his way many times for me for info and other advice. When it came down to the tuning day, everything went as smooth as silk. I've actually met a couple of dissatisfied customers and EVERY ONE was a bit odd and borderlining on retarded. Shawn is not a tuning god, he's just a person who may run across obstacles just like any other business. I've NEVER seen a business with a 100% satisfactory rating so lets cut him some slack. Remember, there are some stupid customers out there.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Not Picking Sides No More! but Omar didnt say any thing about
u or ur wife....let that be know.

That is why I said "you guys" not pointing to one particular person. I am assuming that Venom98 is Omar? I don't know half these people. Whoever Venom98 is he is also the moderator on SoCalDiablo so in effect he is responsible for the comments made on his forum.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I read the thread, those Diablo guys are a real class act...

BTW, what is the best emoticon to use for sarcasm?

JT

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
i thought for the most part it was done and over...
i called duane and talked to him, and if i had your number omar i would have called you too, but you never badmouthed me so it wasnt really important to me.
this badmouthing omar needs to stop cause the stuff being said on the diablo forums is waaaay out of line.
if shawn talked that way about my wife i would be on his doorstep.
omar step up bro and have that $hit deleted cause its way out of line. whether your contributing or not you are a mod over there.

and if your reading this duane knock it off too, just end it and leave things between shawn and joe. he said he was gona call shawn, so let shawn fight his own battles man...

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just for clarity here is the post that started all this bashing (this was the only time I ever spoke out in any public forum about "The Shawn"):

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83923

I held my silence about Socal Diablo's customer support and the install quality for nearly 2 months. Quietly talking with other dissatisfied customers but never really making a point of it. The reason no one speaks out is because of exactly what I am dealing with right now. I never meant to start any of this, I merely intended to add creditability to hedstrosity's accounts with my own experiences (and only because Shawn's first instinct was to attack hedstrosity's character and integrity instead of addressing the issue at hand). Other than leaving my adaptive fuel control turned off and not properly disabling my rear O2 sensors I had no problem with the tune that Diablosport supplied Shawn. So it's really not a debate of tuning abilities it's a debate of customer service and why disgruntled customers are afraid to voice their opinions. Trust me, I've called, left PM, left e-mails with no return response. How exactly are you supposed to address issues with a vendor that doesn’t answer their phone or return electronic mail?

Last edited:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Wow, this has gone down the tube really fast. I understand that some of you have had troubles. Why not take it up with the BBB, or something that may be a bit more productive? The tact on both sides of these arguments seems to always get out of hand. I'm only 19, and thought only people my age acted like this. Guess I was very wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread