Sold the HCI c6 z06 and got a gen v viper

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Blown02, congrats on that new buy. Gorgeous Viper and I really love the color. You certainly have had some stand-out rides in the past. Looks like in your family, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. LOL!

meliskyc

Established Member
Absolutely love the color! Always had a soft spot for blue since my Le Mans Blue C6. What a lineup though; beautiful cars!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Havent posted here in forever.. bored at work, thought some might enjoy seeing the new toy..
sold my lemans blue hci c6 z06.. bought a '16 gen v viper in competition blue.. recently added the xtreme carbon door sills, x brace, custom fuel rail covers, and the TA wing..

Looks diff in the shade vs sun. Absolutely LOVE the car!

View attachment 1444105

View attachment 1444106

View attachment 1444107

View attachment 1444108

View attachment 1444109
Stunning! Congrats! IF I ever sell my GT500, this is the car I'd get.

Blown02

Established Member
Welcome to the club... I love the color. Any plans as far as performance mods go?
Not at this point.. just don’t want to deal wth the compromises.. I’ll continue to add aesthetic mods inside and out.. don’t think I’ll add performance mods.. I’d liketo get another sports car down the road.. maybe an awd platform.. maybe that mid engine supercharged vette. That’ll be pretty cool I think

08mojo

Established Member
Congrats! The Gen V Viper is on my bucket list for sure.

As a former C6Z06 H/C/I owner...I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Viper vs the Vette. Maybe not so much on the quality of fit, finish, interior; but more regarding the performance of the modded vette vs viper as it currently sits.

Blown02

Established Member
Congrats! The Gen V Viper is on my bucket list for sure.

As a former C6Z06 H/C/I owner...I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Viper vs the Vette. Maybe not so much on the quality of fit, finish, interior; but more regarding the performance of the modded vette vs viper as it currently sits.

Thanks guys!

@08mojo the viper is definitely different.. with the z if it started to spin Id just get out of the throttle and the car would straighten up no problem.. with the viper it seems violent when you let off after spinning.. i think it has something to do with the proportions.. the hood is so long and back end so short.. other then that the power seems similar, maybe my z had a little more power.. i need drag radials on the viper for sure.. spins too much, 1st for sure and sometimes second.. fit and finish and overall quality is far superior on the viper.. love this car.. amazing.. and the attention it gets is second to only lambos and newer ferraris.. wayyyy more looks then z06 and vipers.. i dont have much experience with performance in the turns and what not, I dont ever drive fast on turns or even have many windy roads around nola..
hope that helps..
cant compare the viper to the 911s or huracan.. its such a drivers car.. those cars will damn near drive themselves.. although i will say their autos and awd are addicting and do so much with the power.. very fast cars red light to red light.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
You're definitely right about the attention the Vipers get. I drove mine from Ohio to FL and I can't tell you how many people pulled up on the highway and were taking photos/video and giving the thumbs up. They are such cool cars and look almost comic book like in person. I took it to the dealer this week and every tech/porter/service writer came out to circle around it and take photos, etc. You don't get that with a Vette for sure.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Thanks guys!

@08mojo the viper is definitely different.. with the z if it started to spin Id just get out of the throttle and the car would straighten up no problem.. with the viper it seems violent when you let off after spinning.. i think it has something to do with the proportions.. the hood is so long and back end so short.. other then that the power seems similar, maybe my z had a little more power.. i need drag radials on the viper for sure.. spins too much, 1st for sure and sometimes second.. fit and finish and overall quality is far superior on the viper.. love this car.. amazing.. and the attention it gets is second to only lambos and newer ferraris.. wayyyy more looks then z06 and vipers.. i dont have much experience with performance in the turns and what not, I dont ever drive fast on turns or even have many windy roads around nola..
hope that helps..
cant compare the viper to the 911s or huracan.. its such a drivers car.. those cars will damn near drive themselves.. although i will say their autos and awd are addicting and do so much with the power.. very fast cars red light to red light.

Take that beast to some turns!
My girlfriend says it's frightening how fast I can drive in turns with my '98 Viper GTS.
And the new Viper must be far superior to my ancient one in comparision.
Do it!

A side story for you.
I thought I ****ed up once. I came in way to f'ing fast to a corner. No way I will make this one was my thought. Aim for the small trees.
The Viper on the other hand, had other plans.
No problem. Not even a damn tire squeal! It just took the corner and that's it.
No f'ing way I'll ever take a corner that fast again!:D

M240Bravo

Established Member
Main bearings? Haven’t heard of any issues. Can u elaborate?

Edit: I didn't say this trying to scare you or being a dick. Just saying it joking, thought most people owning or looking at these knew about the problem.

Oh just some of the genVs have had main bearing problem, spinning and losing oil pressure.

Some reading on it.

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/11972-The-Gen-V-Engine-Failure-Thread

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12394-Gen-V-2013-2015-oil-consumption

Blown02

Established Member
Edit: I didn't say this trying to scare you or being a dick. Just saying it joking, thought most people owning or looking at these knew about the problem.

Oh just some of the genVs have had main bearing problem, spinning and losing oil pressure.

Some reading on it.

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/11972-The-Gen-V-Engine-Failure-Thread

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12394-Gen-V-2013-2015-oil-consumption
I read the 16s don’t have those issues ;)

I’ve got a warranty if anything happens!

Users who are viewing this thread