Starting suspension mods

austin101385

Established Member
Hey,

I'm going to be upgrading my 2012 GT500 with a Tvs and also wanted to look into my suspension and I head you are the one to ask. It's strictly a daily driver. Of course traction is a priority so I will be looking into wider rims and tires. Also I would like to be able to go around a corner without feeling like the body is trying to roll. A friend suggested sway bars and lowering springs. I will be doing this in pieces for money reasons and wanted to know what order and what brand is recommended.

Thanks
Austin

Van@RevanRacing

I'd be happy to help. There are pieces and portions that can help but there are certain things you should do within budget and there some things within budget that should be done first and others last.

When you have an opportunity I can be reached at 561-445-7702

Thanks

Van

DGladhill

Established Member
Hey,

I'm going to be upgrading my 2012 GT500 with a Tvs and also wanted to look into my suspension and I head you are the one to ask. It's strictly a daily driver. Of course traction is a priority so I will be looking into wider rims and tires. Also I would like to be able to go around a corner without feeling like the body is trying to roll. A friend suggested sway bars and lowering springs. I will be doing this in pieces for money reasons and wanted to know what order and what brand is recommended.

Thanks
Austin

Don't forget, Van has the KB 2.8LC mammoth for 25% off right now too!

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
I went with the Revan suspension recommendation -- LCA, UCA, Springs and Panhard. The car is about 3/4" lower and tracks very good! I can hardly detect any body roll. Driving on the winding back roads is a boat-load of fun..... Even with the factory GY tires. Should be markedly better with new rubber.

I did have an opportunity to buy a Watts Link and replaced the panhard with that. The cornering capability is outrageous and predictable (most important).

I'd recommend Van's kit....!

PS... Also bought the KB2.8LC+Dual Fan HE+AL Drive shaft,,,, from Van....... will finish this install this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread