The Beer Thread, What Are You Drinking?

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Yup.

Absolutely. Just scored another 4 pack of Sip of Sunshine so I'm good and stocked up now. Sucks you can only get them 4 at a time.

Damn you have some work to do this weekend. Looks good.

Yea it will take me some time. But I plan on doing work on this. Specially sunday when I can be left alone to my races.

Sip of sunshine is good for sure. See if you cant get your hands on 2nd fiddle. Also Nightshift from outside of Boston is very good. Obviously Trillium. All the DDH ones are killer, specially Fort Point and Cutting Tiles.

zeus201

Established Member
Yea it will take me some time. But I plan on doing work on this. Specially sunday when I can be left alone to my races.

Sip of sunshine is good for sure. See if you cant get your hands on 2nd fiddle. Also Nightshift from outside of Boston is very good. Obviously Trillium. All the DDH ones are killer, specially Fort Point and Cutting Tiles.
Sip of Sunshine is great. I've had Fort Point and that is awesome as well. The Pipeworks, especially, Ninja vs Unicorn is one my favs!

Took the afternoon off today and opened this guy:

20170526_130902_zpsyjhrk3r5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Sip of Sunshine is great. I've had Fort Point and that is awesome as well. The Pipeworks, especially, Ninja vs Unicorn is one my favs!

Took the afternoon off today and opened this guy:

20170526_130902_zpsyjhrk3r5.jpg

Aw very nice! Have not had the priveledge of having any of the Sues. Or any TG for that matter.
Nice yard btw

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
IPA's are nasty. Back when my father-in-law and I used to brew, we considered those to be a gimmick beer. The strong hop covers up an inferior brew. Sort of like brisket. It tastes great, but is an inferior cut of meet.

zeus201

Established Member
Aw very nice! Have not had the priveledge of having any of the Sues. Or any TG for that matter.
Nice yard btw
Yeah, I live in Iowa and is lucky enough to get TG stuff.

Thx on the yard, I obsess over it and try it keep it up.

einehund

Established Member
Sitting in Doha, Qatar right now, enjoying a Franziskaner Hefeweitzen. Feels good when it is almost 9 at night and still 105f!

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Never could get a taste for IPA's. The bitterness is just too overpowering for me.

You just have to find the right one(s) that will open you up, the 'IPA' is evolving. I would say still a lot of the corporate breweries IPA still taste of bitter/burnt malt or just don't taste that good in general, in part due to them likely using mass produced ingredients. But tons of smaller breweries are getting it right and are pushing the envelope. Dogfish head 60 minute IPA is a pretty solid example of a more 'fresh' and crisp tasting IPA that can be found pretty much all over.

I used to shy away from all IPA until I found a couple hops (citra) (mosaic) that I fell in love with all beers brewed with it. Happened to wander into a local bottle shop one day and found a local IPA on tap with both hops in it, it was rated at 118 IBU which at the time was the highest I had ever tried and well above the 40-50 I considered my limit. . But That beer was killer, and that day was life changing. Since then I've opened myself up to all small batch IPA's I can find, cant get enough.

Last edited:

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Had to work late tonight but I'm ready for one or 6 of these View attachment 91189

If you can drink 6 of those, you're my new favorite super hero, because that is worst beer I have ever had LOL ;)

This guy's rating of it cracks me up,...

Look - Poured a copper/amber color, two fingers of white head, minimal lacing.
Aroma - Tangerine, floral, ethanol.
Taste - Bitter up front, hops lean more towards citrus like the aroma, orange, vegetal note, alcohol is noticeable from start to finish, malt is thin and has a vague sweetness. The aftertaste is soapy, bitter and boozy.
Feel - Light-medium body, watery, ample carbonation.

Overall - I remember trying this a few years back and thinking I got an infected can. I guess not. This tastes exactly the same as it did back then. The solvent-like bitterness with the noticeable alcohol makes this one of the worst beers I've had. It really reminds me of a bad homebrew IPA mixed with paint thinner. A fluke from an otherwise great brewery.

In fairness I'm gonna try it again, that was quite awhile ago that I had it..

Users who are viewing this thread