The Dark Tower movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
So the last I've read is that Idris Elba is front runner to play Roland and Matthew McConaughey to portray the Man in Black.

The Gunslinger was one of my first King books back in the late 80s. I stuck with and thoroughly enjoyed the 8 book series for the better part of the next 2 decades.

I think they're both bizarre casting choices, but I also think it could be much worse. It's been in development before and no movie ended up being made, I hope this one makes it.

Any Constant Readers in here?

robraySVT

Established Member
I read the entire series a few years ago. The only way I can describe it is probably like being constantly tripping on some good stuff. Every book was great and hard to put down. I wasn't crazy about the ending, but that's about it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I didn't read the whole series, but loved the books I read. I would definitely watch any movies that come out for it.

bgoose99

Established Member
I read the entire series a few years ago. The only way I can describe it is probably like being constantly tripping on some good stuff. Every book was great and hard to put down. I wasn't crazy about the ending, but that's about it.

You know, it's funny you say that. (No spoilers ahead...) When I read the end, I was pissed off for a couple of days. But the more I thought about it, the happier I was. I mean, isn't that what a good book is supposed to elicit: powerful emotional reactions?

The series is definitely on my list of "must read again" books.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Yeah, then ending took some time for me to warm up to. But in the end I think Mr. King didn't leave himself much wiggle room. It kind of had to happen that way.

And the original Gunslinger book definitely influenced some of my youthful trips into hallucinogens. :pepper:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
sweeeeeet i was hoping it was the dark tower i was thinking of. book series is awesome, def some good actors in it. sub'n

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
The best part is, Sony is keeping the movie just about the first book (Gunslinger) instead of trying to cram multiple books into one movie. So we could potentially have 7 movies lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
oh snap, i was wondering how they were going to cram all the movies into one. that's even better.

king nothing

Established Member
I'm a huge King fan. I thought the first 4 books were fantastic. It seemed that after his accident he felt the need to finish these up quickly. The last 3 books felt rushed like he just wanted to be done with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread