The R got a new garage floor to sit on!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I contacted a local epoxy contractor and gave him a challenge... I told him I wanted an epoxy floor that would look like WATER! We brainstormed a bit and he did some research and came up with a plan... He used a floor grinder to grind the new slab. This helps with adhesion. Next was filling blemishes and cracks followed by a jet-black primer. The primer was sanded once cured and then the artist came alive in Paul (my contractor)... He used blue metallic epoxy and a little bit of silver metallic that he created random patterns in by using a squeegee, a roller and a leaf blower. This was allowed to cure for many days followed by another round of sanding and then a clear polyurethane top coat.

I got home yesterday and got the cars back in the garage... I filmed this video with my iPad using iMovie today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7q0GV5LBQ

If anyone in the DFW area needs a good epoxy floor guy at a reasonable price, contact Paul at:

Paul?s Custom Floors ? Flooring Company, Custom Floors | Fort Worth, TX

I set up my GoPro on time lapse when the guys were doing the color base-coat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1R-wYFfjQ

Crushinator

Established Member
Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. I know the old saying, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it, but how much did that run you?
Very very cool idea!

Goose17

Established Member
Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. I know the old saying, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it, but how much did that run you?
Very very cool idea!

All I'll say is it wasn't cheap, but I am happy with the results.

Jason95R

Established Member
wow that looks awesome! great job by the installers and very creative.

I would kill for a space like that. Nice cars as well.

flattrack53

Established Member
My house garage is a two car... They spent a day grinding and 3/4 of a day doing the coating... I had 4 friends and my parents get it done as a package and it cost me $1300.

Goose17

Established Member
My house garage is a two car... They spent a day grinding and 3/4 of a day doing the coating... I had 4 friends and my parents get it done as a package and it cost me $1300.

That was cheap! Post a pic!

Goose17

Established Member
It was a rainy day in Texas. I spent a good chunk of it in the garage detailing the 4 SVT cars. Afterwards, I took another shot at iMovie:

nmp1

Established Member
Goose, i see in the background you have a lot of 2000R pictures and advertisements, can you take a close-up picture so i can see what im missing from my collection?

Goose17

Established Member
Goose, i see in the background you have a lot of 2000R pictures and advertisements, can you take a close-up picture so i can see what im missing from my collection?

Must of dried fast for them to walk on it that quick

They walked on it wet with metal spiked shoes (much like golf shoes). It doesn't leave any foot prints and the spike marks fill themselves in before it all cures.

Nmp1, I fired-up the R today and took some shots just for you:

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_12_14Z_zpsrncvz0tg.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_07_41Z_zpsib8cjetr.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_23_14Z_zpst1gtoqlu.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_24_20Z_zps1kmh6low.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_14_23Z_zps8bt0wo36.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-12-16T22_16_51Z_zps9dtufoih.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Here are some other 00R posters. I thought I had the engine one, that you have, I may not have had it framed.

IMG_20161229_162445167small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread