Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
52d85cb82f965147c4e65cef6737390d.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Is that the sonar system?

Yankee Big Nose (Project 09780 Akson-2) is an additional modification of K-403 Kazan for trials of an acoustic system for fourth-generation Russian submarines: the Irtysh sonar system, in combination with the spherical antenna Amfora, occupies the entire nose section of the submarine. Modification of K-415 was started in 1987, but due to the end of the Cold War and lack of funds, was never completed.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Submarines have always fascinated me, Navy did their best to recruit me to be a Nuke after they got my asvab score but I didn't think I could go a month without seeing daylight.

Thanks for pics fellas

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."
Anyone into subs check out "Cold Waters" on Steam.
Awesome, addictive submarine game.
Best since Jane's 688i back in the dos days.
Has a ton of 3rd party support and mods... I've spent a weekend playing the '68 campaign trying to sneak up on soviet convoys in the baffles in a Sturgeon with just Mk37s to fire and mk16s when desperate or stupid close.

Sent from my Note9

96 cobra

Established Member
Tirpitz-2.jpg

Loosely related Jeremy Clarkson documentary re: an Allied World War II convoy in the Arctic Ocean. Haven't seen it, but it's Clarkson, so it's probably amazing:

SVTFastBack

Established Member
2rdxf8i.jpg
b8wigk.jpg
54f2pc.jpg

Spent the day down on the big stick due to it being my BD as well as the event of the 5 inches being fired for the 100th anni for WW1, I have like 200+ photo's. What was really cool is that I was born on 11/11/84 worked in the DoD then got injured, which I've mentioned on here before and got I bought the expensive VIP tour package that goes down into engineering and stuff with out even asking and even being little old me all the vets treated me like one of their own. My mom showed up with a surprise as well with some cool custom NAWS DoD vet shirts with my name on it DOB and the base when all I went down for was the boat and for the 5's being fired so nothing special, but because she thought it was important enough that even serving the serving after the Airforce DQed me long time ago. I didn't think anything of it, I'm glad she did! they even referred to me as a VIP guest over the speaker for pretty much giving up my body to save another. But short story was, I was a mechanic down here at NAWS China Lake and on the flip side was also a personal trainer and trained Marines and Navy, ended up hurt when a lifting accident went bad with a new Marine I was training so the Marine I was working with could go on to fight another day and save others lives, they said I may have saved hundreds of lives from just that one act which had never crossed my mind. Was shaking hands and getting salutes all day with the cool dudes that ran on the Big Stick back in the day and got to hear their stories! Best part was afterwards the lady that sold me the tickets actually remembered me and was watching out for me at the very end of the day, like 15 min to closing time at the end of the day because of feeling guilty for charging me ended up coming up to me crying and gave me a huge hug after she'd heard my story and she was talking with my mom as I was taking some last min photo's and actually thanking me for doing what I did and told her boss even tho I didn't have my badge on me and ended up getting the entire price refunded no questions asked so it was all free. Not going to lie I got a little teared up that the small guys actually matter to some people. I've been fighting a legal battle with work comp for 4 years now wasting away with my entire left arm virtually vestigial and my back also wasting away where I'm now on a cane constantly. I had to drive down 4 hours stay over night drive 4 hours back after spending lots of hours on the boat it self when I have problems even crossing my super small town with out being in massive pain all the time and being my left side and my GT being a stick its very painful driving. Worth it! As for now, I'm unable to return to work, probably need an entire new shoulder replacement and deemed to high of insurance risk to let me return which made me very sad, but was treated with the most up respect which I've never had throughout my fight to get my medical back so I can try and go back and get back to work! I stood out a bit I guess tho "DoD Vet shirt" 34 year old rocking a cane and lumbar spine support brace barely moving all day. I'm super thankful not only for the people still serving but feeling so isolated throughout this fight that I would have been super ecstatic just to have one person notice just some words on a shirt, boy was I wrong very wrong, many people, many thanks. But going DoD was my way of still attempting to help out our military in any shape or form and a decade worth of determination just to make something happen.
Bought myself a new axe for my own BD on the way back to,
fuz34g.jpg
love the thing already Schecter Diamond Series I've got plans for, can't play my Les Paul anymore as it's just to heavy for my back and shoulder and this is super light, I mean "LIGHT LIGHT" Not being able to play for close to 3 years I went into deep depression, sorry for quality was last min thing I'm uber tired and just got back in town about an hour ago and hitting the sack now. Best day I've had in a while. Sorry for the grammar but I wanted to post this while it was still the 11th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread