This is a cool vintage 1967 Sebring GT40 Poster

r82of250

Established Member
Geez Rob, could that be YOUR listing? Both are in Lakeland, Fl. Seller's Ebay id is "95R2kR" indicating he has a few Cobra R's. Hmmmm.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Robert,

I hate to be the one to break it to you but are you aware that the binder you bought in this auction is a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130009267135&category=34232

The last time I watched a real one, with its original info. inside, it went for $50+. I was not really concerned about "real or reproduction", and was definitly not interested in buying one with all of its contents for big $$$. I wanted a binder to store all of my factory Ford 2-Top original owner info., 2-Top specific parts break-downs, as well as information/literature and pictures specific to the 94 2-Top Mustang prototype and 95 Mustang literature showing this option that never materialized (except in the 95 Cobra), all in clear binder sleeves, $20 seemed fair enough. To me, it looks better than a plain binder that I could have purchased locally. I have seen many reproduction items listed in Georges' auctions, I have dealt with him for a few years. Now I have got to figure out how to get the many magazines mentioning and showing this option in 94/95, filed or sleeved.

R

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I may have posted this before, but it's worth another look:

GT401966.jpg

(I noticed supermotors has started putting their logo on pictures that they host for you :mj: )

93SVTCobra

Established Member
There are two ways to tell:

- With this auction you just have to consider the source. If you ask him if it is original or not he'll just say "I'm not sure" or "how would you tell". His 93 Cobra press kits are the exact same way. Guy is a thief as far as I am concerned. I've never met anyone so knowledgeable to appears to know nothing about the stuff he is selling.

- If you actually had the piece in hand you could tell if you knew what kind of binder the original ones used as they were all made with the same binder which is no longer available.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I've had similar experiences with him, major :bs: artist....I ended up forcing him to take it back and give me a refund....advertised as real, but was a low quality, poorly printed fake....

93SVTCobra said:

- With this auction you just have to consider the source. If you ask him if it is original or not he'll just say "I'm not sure" or "how would you tell". His 93 Cobra press kits are the exact same way. Guy is a thief as far as I am concerned. I've never met anyone so knowledgeable to appears to know nothing about the stuff he is selling.

- If you actually had the piece in hand you could tell if you knew what kind of binder the original ones used as they were all made with the same binder which is no longer available.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:

What brand are the original binders? Do you know that ALL were of the same brand? I personally have found some SVT items to be one brand, maybe a first buy? and then when the first run is gone, a second run (or more) ordered/purchased and brands be different. I would not think that the person in charge of purchasing binders would be careful to make sure that the binders are of the same brand??

I also know that Vintageautolit does reproduce some items, many items. I also know that they (vintageautolit buyers) are at most all car show nationwide. They travel the circuit if you will. They are constantly on the look out for "anything Ford" especially "specialty Ford".

As I said in my previous post, $20 for this "SVT looking" binder real or repro., is not a big worry for me as I had a specific need for it and it was not its original use. If it is a repro., the SVT cards under the front cover clear sleeve and binder backbone are of thick card stock and very nice color with a slight gloss to them, very nice quality, like something SVT would have done.

I went to the Staples site to price a bare plain 1-1/2" to 2" binder, they run between $8-$15, depending upon the bells and whistles. This binder, the one that Vintageautolit has provided, real or fake was just a few $$$ more with quality SVT identifiers already in place, NICE!!

But back to the previous qustions, do we know that 100% of all binders of this type were exactly the same over their purchase life, which I believe was 1993, 94 and 95 or so? If so, what brand are they over a 3 year period? This would be good info. for those who are looking for a future binder purchase? Is the SVT labeled cardstock different between the Vintageautolit and original?

BTW - For those who own 2-Tops, in my Vintageautolit provided binder I also have Ford recommendations for lubrication and adjustments for all parts related to the factory Hardtop and factory Convert. top. This binder filled quickly with 2-Top specific info.

R

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
(I noticed supermotors has started putting their logo on pictures that they host for you :mj: )

FYI:

On 9/4/06 we enabled remote image watermarking. When you remotely embed an image in one of your registry entries on another site or forum, it will automatically be "watermarked" with the SuperMotors logo and URL

you have the option of removing the watermark:

Images over 600 pixels wide X 200 pixels tall will be watermarked
In an effort to not cover up forum signatures that many of our members host on SuperMotors, images under 600x200 will not be watermarked.

Subscribers can optionally disable remote watermarking by editing the albums on each of their registry entries (click on "Edit Album" in "My Garage" and you will see watermarking instructions at the top of the page).

Images viewed on SuperMotors will NOT be watermarked.
If you embed your images in a forum post or view your images in a registry entry on SuperMotors, you will not see the watermark. If you DO see a watermark on an image while viewing it on SuperMotors, this is most likely a result of viewing the image embedded on another site. By refreshing/reloading the page in your browser, the watermark will disappear (note that the above image is a hard-coded example of the watermark -- refreshing/reloading this page will not make it go away).

We've implemented this feature in an effort to create additional exposure and awareness for SuperMotors.

-Eric
SuperMotors President

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Robert M said:
What brand are the original binders? Do you know that ALL were of the same brand? I personally have found some SVT items to be one brand, maybe a first buy? and then when the first run is gone, a second run (or more) ordered/purchased and brands be different. I would not think that the person in charge of purchasing binders would be careful to make sure that the binders are of the same brand??

I also know that Vintageautolit does reproduce some items, many items. I also know that they (vintageautolit buyers) are at most all car show nationwide. They travel the circuit if you will. They are constantly on the look out for "anything Ford" especially "specialty Ford".

As I said in my previous post, $20 for this "SVT looking" binder real or repro., is not a big worry for me as I had a specific need for it and it was not its original use. If it is a repro., the SVT cards under the front cover clear sleeve and binder backbone are of thick card stock and very nice color with a slight gloss to them, very nice quality, like something SVT would have done.

I went to the Staples site to price a bare plain 1-1/2" to 2" binder, they run between $8-$15, depending upon the bells and whistles. This binder, the one that Vintageautolit has provided, real or fake was just a few $$$ more with quality SVT identifiers already in place, NICE!!

But back to the previous qustions, do we know that 100% of all binders of this type were exactly the same over their purchase life, which I believe was 1993, 94 and 95 or so? If so, what brand are they over a 3 year period? This would be good info. for those who are looking for a future binder purchase? Is the SVT labeled cardstock different between the Vintageautolit and original?

BTW - For those who own 2-Tops, in my Vintageautolit provided binder I also have Ford recommendations for lubrication and adjustments for all parts related to the factory Hardtop and factory Convert. top. This binder filled quickly with 2-Top specific info.

R

Simple answer on the 93 SVT binder is that every one I've seen is the same and according to the person that put them together they are all the same as there was only one printing.

I'm not really sure about the 94-95 binders.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Simple answer on the 93 SVT binder is that every one I've seen is the same and according to the person that put them together they are all the same as there was only one printing.

I'm not really sure about the 94-95 binders.

A friend of mine in Va. has one of each, they look identical from the outside but I have never looked at them closely to see what brand the binders are. All I remember is that they were full of Lightning and Cobra info. and pictures for their respective years, and the 93 binder had some info. about the Cobra R.

R

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
NJ2000R said:
Subscribers can optionally disable remote watermarking by editing the albums on each of their registry entries (click on "Edit Album" in "My Garage" and you will see watermarking instructions at the top of the page).
Ken, Thanks for the heads-up. I guess Eric is monetizing his site which I don't blame him for doing.

You have to pay $13/yr. to be a subscriber. I wonder if that is worth the cost due to the other free sites? I also use photobucket. Anyone know of others? I think Yahoo has a photo hosting site?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the motorsport collector in downers grove (about 2 minutes drive for me) lists the same event poster as cited at the top of the thread.

either the event poster is common, or fakes are.

i wouldnt know how to spot a decent fake thats been properly 'weathered.'

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
Ken, Thanks for the heads-up. I guess Eric is monetizing his site which I don't blame him for doing.

You have to pay $13/yr. to be a subscriber. I wonder if that is worth the cost due to the other free sites? I also use photobucket. Anyone know of others? I think Yahoo has a photo hosting site?

I pay the 13 bucks/year....that is very cheap photo hosting, and he's done alot with the site to make it easier to navigate and batch upload pics....you can copy and paste a folder of 30 pics in a few seconds rather than doing them one by one....also, many times I've seen photobucket images come up as a red X, and yahoo doesnt let you link pics to forums....

Users who are viewing this thread