Tire Help

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am going to be swapping over to a new tire for all 4. I was looking into the Nitto 555's or the Nitto Invo's does anyone have experience with either ( im sure someone does just saying ) also my car is lowered on springs/damps what sizes can I get away with or is it better to just stay stock sizes?

Also any other brand recommendations would be appreciated. The car is DD'd and I currently have PS2's on it

Thanks

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Whats your goal for ride quality? If youre just looking for street rubber ive got Sumitomo (parent company of Falken) HTR PO2 A/S up front. Good lateral grip and braking grip. Out back ive got BFG Comp 2 A/S'. They have decent grip when warm but dont lose traction wjen it cools off. It wont handle a wot hit though.

Nitto makes a great tire and the 555s are a great summer tire. Id at least get tje 555r for the rear if you go that route.

latinheat1018

Established Member
I don't have any experience with the nitto invo's on a GT500 but I had them on my challenger R/T.
They lasted me a year. The car is a daily driver. Great performance tire. But in my opinion a waste of money if you are driving your car daily. After that I opted for the nitto motivos which have a 60,000 warranty. Amazing for our applications. I'm personally never changing from the motivos. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

barspen

Established Member
I've been very happy with my 555G2's for the street. Decent grip and they feel good around corners. Price was very competitive with other options.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
how much power are you putting down? how wide are your wheels?

sono

Established Member
Ran multiple nitto setups. Running the not05r in back and invo up front is the best way to go on the street. They cold hook second and grab a lot of 1st. The invo up front do well in both dry and wet. So you change tires on a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio. Nitto up front last for ever.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input I am probably gonna go with invos all around

I'm pretty stock right now but will be doing a VMP R and other stuff looking to be around 850whp or so

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread