True Forged GT500 billet hood vent Group Buy is ON!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the Group Buy will be open till June 30th or until all 50 have been sold.
here is THE very first final production set of GT500 hood vents with race mesh. these things are so beautiful i cant even explain it! TOP NOTCH craftsmanship that will not disappoint. put a set of these on your gt500 and the next meet you go to you everyone will :bowdown::bowdown: to you! :thumbsup:

the frames and baffle pieces are billet aluminum. the mesh is aluminum as well. the various pieces are available in various finishes so you can customize them however you like.

there WILL be a caddy style weave screen option available as well. i will post up pics as soon as we have them. i didnt want to delay this GB any further on account of those. you will be able to swap them out with the race mesh pictured below.

the race mesh will be included in ALL sets. the caddy style diamond mesh will be an optional purchase. they will likely also be made of aluminum. extra race mesh screens will be available for purchase as well in case you want black screens one day and polished screens the next :coolman:

we are doing a run of 50 sets! a few online vendors have expressed interest in grabbing some quantities to resell. you will definitely get THE best pricing if you purchase them in THIS group buy. it is possible that there may not be another.

these are extremely expensive to make and we need to make a minimum of 50 sets.

pricing on these will be $300 (plus shipping) in the standard brushed aluminum finish. (after the GB is over, pricing will be $350 per set).

a minimum $100 non-refundable deposit will be required in order to get in on the GB and be able to choose exactly which finishes you want.

orders pre-paid in full will receive FREE shipping. Shipping to the 48 will run about $15 via fedex ground with insurance.

**FINISH OPTIONS**
there are 3 parts that you may have custom finished. they are:
1. the top side frame
IMG_3561Large.jpg

2. the mesh screen
IMG_3560Large.jpg

3. the baffle piece
IMG_3562Large.jpg

the piece the baffle screws onto will come in flat black (standard) so you dont see a nice big metal piece under the mesh. 99.99% of it is covered by the hood blanket so no need for anything fancy there.
IMG_3559Large.jpg

you are welcome to have all three pieces above custom finished or just certain parts, your $, your choice :beer:

Brushed Aluminumsince billet aluminum scratches very easily and these parts change hands multiple times, we offer brushed finish on our performance parts as a standard finish.

PowdercoatingGloss black and Satin black are THE two most popular powdercoating options with 99% typically going with satin black. in fact, gloss black may take longer to get done, depending on how many people order it. other colors are available as well but they will cost more.

satin black or gloss black will be $10 per part. there are 3 parts you can have powdercoated, and they come in pairs. example, if you just wanted the mesh to be done in satin black, it will be $20 for the pair. if you want all three parts done in satin black, it will be $60 for the 6 parts.

Polishinghighly polished pieces will be the same price as powdercoating. $10 per part.

Chrome and Black Chrome
are available but they are VERY expensive. ive had a set of 03 cobra hood vents done in chrome and they didnt come out too great due to the porous metal. at least with the frames. the mesh came out just fine.

Candy Colors looks just like anodizing but is actually a tinted powdercoating. colors available are red and blue. i need to get price quoting on these but they will be at least $100 (minimum order amount).
trans_blue_lips__Medium_.jpg

denali.jpg

OEM paint matchedi do a lot of work with a local painter who has oem paint matched many ice tanks and wheels for me. the cost of the paint varies with the color. they would be at least $100 to $150 to paint a set.
oempaintmatchedlips.jpg

oempaintedlips.jpg

we can also sandblast them-ready for paint for $20 a set.

Payment MethodsWe can accept payments via check, money order, credit card, Paypal and cash. there will be a % to cover CC fees. 3% for Visa/MC, 4% for Amex. Paypal also charges 3% unless you send it as an echeck or as "personal payment/money owed".

Shipping
standard shipping will be via Fedex Ground. expedited shipping is available. We can ship to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico via USPS priority mail for an additional charge.

the Group Buy will be open till June 30th or until all 50 have been sold.
you may EMAIL me at [email protected] or call at 818-357-2531 to discuss your order. please do not send PMs as my inbox fills up on an hourly basis.

here are some quick videos we took doing an install of one side. please ignore the people in the background yapping away. we didnt realize they would be audible on the video. :read: and it was already midnight and too late to go through it all again. which is also why some of it is a little dark.

Part 1
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mMAgOJEB8"]YouTube- Step 1.AVI[/nomedia]

Part 2
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdC29aupWQ&feature=channel"]YouTube- Step 2.AVI[/nomedia]

Part 3
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwujIvL8OT0&feature=channel"]YouTube- Step 3.AVI[/nomedia]

here are some still shots. next week im going to have one side powdercoated in satin black but i may not have any pics of them installed on the hood.

IMG_3544Large.jpg

IMG_3543Large.jpg

IMG_3545Large.jpg

IMG_3538Large.jpg

IMG_3539Large.jpg

IMG_3540Large.jpg

IMG_3541Large.jpg

IMG_3542Large.jpg

IMG_3551Large.jpg

IMG_3547Large.jpg

IMG_3552Large.jpg

IMG_3553Large.jpg

IMG_3548Large.jpg

IMG_3550Large.jpg

IMG_3554Large.jpg

IMG_3555Large.jpg

IMG_3556Large.jpg

IMG_3557Large.jpg

the basic hand tools you'll need for the install. in addition to the extra set of hands and an allen key for the studs. you should also use some blue loctite on the studs and screws.
IMG_3546Large.jpg

this is the caddy style weave we will be going with. they will be orientated so that the squares form a diamond shape
IMG_3484Large.jpg

IMG_3487Large.jpg

ok. its 4:30 am now :sleeping: AND we're moving to our new house today, tomorrow and saturday while trying to get ready for the HUGE ford show this weekend. so i might not be able to reply to everyone quickly, but i will :beer:

if you'll be at the Fab Fords Forever show this weekend at Knotts, stop by the Red/white GT500 on 20" Chicanes and check out these hood vents in person :thumbsup:

hopefully within the next week or so, we will have our caddy style mesh to take pics of IN the frames.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hmm, I'd like a set but powdercoated silver since my Alloy GT500 has silver stripes. Is that possible?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hmm, I'd like a set but powdercoated silver since my Alloy GT500 has silver stripes. Is that possible?

yes no problem but the shop has a minimum set up fee of $80. so unless you can find another person to share the cost, they'll be pretty expensive for you. id recommend going with brushed finish since it matches silver so nicely.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I know I am probably stretching this a little far but what can you do for a 09 KR carbon fiber hood. The vents are nice on the CF hood but the products you have for the GT500 hood is just plain awesome. A satin vent I think would set this thing off or a powder coated red ones. Just asking. The KR is a black on black model. Thanks

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I know I am probably stretching this a little far but what can you do for a 09 KR carbon fiber hood. The vents are nice on the CF hood but the products you have for the GT500 hood is just plain awesome. A satin vent I think would set this thing off or a powder coated red ones. Just asking. The KR is a black on black model. Thanks

yes we possibly can but we need to have another thread for that. and it was also be dependent on how successful these are.

Colleton

Established Member
I'm down for a set powdercoated satin black. I'm sick of the plastic vents.

Let me know when you're ready to take the orders.

SLGT750

Established Member
They look great!

Have a question requarding the mesh, is the mesh raised off of the backing plate? If not it might be a pain to clean the holes where the mesh is against the backing plate.

Also do you have any pics with the caddy mesh would like to see if I want that mesh or not?

Thanks

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Looks great but wont the aluminum scratch the top of the hood at the points of contact? Cant really tell how it sits from the video. Perhaps a thin rubber gasket would help. Just thinking that if they are ever taken off, like to go back to stock or ???, the top will possibly be scratched.

Hey Steve do you have a set of black satin all ready to go? I REALLY need a set before this Sunday's Knotts Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever show. I have my Shelby entered and this would be a great addition to it. :) Im local so I can drive by on Sat and pick them up. :beer:

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Once again, I'm in Steve. Powdercoated satin black on every piece. I'll call with my cc info when I get home from work.

Nice job. Thanks for doing this.

Tob

brisk_tea

Established Member
+1 - I think the brushed would ultimately look better with silver stripes on the alloy/silver. I put other brushed next to stripes and it was almost dead-on

+1 - what about scratching hood? Would like to buy, but wouldn't want to scratch hood...

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm currently fitting my new 3.6LC under my stock hood, my question is. Do they extend into the engine compartment any deeper than the factory units? I want a set Steve but I have some really tight tolerances...I'll take a set if they are the same! Just like the ones pictured above!

rdsnk46

Established Member
BTW, Great job of getting a long over due product to the maket place! Kudos for all your hard work Steve!!!!!

skyhighsd

Established Member
I'm currently fitting my new 3.6LC under my stock hood, my question is. Do they extend into the engine compartment any deeper than the factory units? I want a set Steve but I have some really tight tolerances...I'll take a set if they are the same! Just like the ones pictured above!

nothing a grinder couldnt fix:lol1:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
steve, i would like my set to be EXACTLY like the prototype, brushed with that mesh and not the caddy mesh and the only part i want coated is the lower piece you said you are going to do anyway.

will there be interchangeable inserts in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread