What did you do for your Terminator today?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I just had a Kenwood system installed on mine as well DDS9903s, small Kenwood amp and sub. Love the head unit and all its features but it sounds like crap with the factory speakers :(.

Yeah, the sound system in these cars are kind of all or nothing, that's why I just kept my Mach 1000. The resistance of the stock speakers in parallel paired with the way the amps are run doesn't work well with aftermarket head units.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Yeah, the sound system in these cars are kind of all or nothing, that's why I just kept my Mach 1000. The resistance of the stock speakers in parallel paired with the way the amps are run doesn't work well with aftermarket head units.

Appreciate the info, i didnt want to modify mine much in case i returned it back to stock but it sounds like crap. Now I am really considering replacing at least the front speakers so i can get some type of clarity?

Any recommendations?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Appreciate the info, i didnt want to modify mine much in case i returned it back to stock but it sounds like crap. Now I am really considering replacing at least the front speakers so i can get some type of clarity?

Any recommendations?

I think there are people on here that could answer that better than me. I just know that little tidbit from looking into back in the day but didn't go forward so my knowledge stops there.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Any recommendations?

Hey Will. I think when it comes to audio equipment it's like cars, everyone has a favorite brand.

I have always liked Kenwood for my electronics. When it comes to speakers I have used several (JBL, JL Audio, Kicker, Clarion and Boston Acoustic). My favorite has always been JBL. Sounds damn good, but are priced to match that sound quality. For a decent price you can probably find some Kenwood's that would work well with your head unit.

I used to go to Crutchfield for all my audio needs. Not sure if there's a better company out there now or if Crutchfield even still exists.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Hey Will. I think when it comes to audio equipment it's like cars, everyone has a favorite brand.

I have always liked Kenwood for my electronics. When it comes to speakers I have used several (JBL, JL Audio, Kicker, Clarion and Boston Acoustic). My favorite has always been JBL. Sounds damn good, but are priced to match that sound quality. For a decent price you can probably find some Kenwood's that would work well with your head unit.

I used to go to Crutchfield for all my audio needs. Not sure if there's a better company out there now or if Crutchfield even still exists.

Thanks brotha! i will look into the JBLs I have had those in the past, I think ive been spoiled by the stereo system (Bang and Olufsen) in my Audi A5.

meliskyc

Established Member
Thanks brotha! i will look into the JBLs I have had those in the past, I think ive been spoiled by the stereo system (Bang and Olufsen) in my Audi A5.

Be careful with changing just speakers. The impedance of most aftermarket speakers is 4 ohm. I think the factory system if its the 460 is 6 ohm. You’d have to run new speaker wire from the amp to the aftermarket speakers. It’s not just plug and play.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, I have a 600 watt system in my coupe. I need to jam while I'm driving LMAO!!!

Here you can see my Boston Acoustic subs in the trunk. Amps are mounted to the back of the seats.

Nitrous Bottle Trunk.JPG

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've used Kickers in the past and was happy with them. I currently have Memphis Audios in the doors. They sound good and I don't even have the tweeters hooked up. I need to get in there and finish installing the crossovers. FWIW, I found the wires that plug into the tweeters go directly to the head unit. So those are what I have my door speakers plugged into.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Nice you doing the cage yourself? if not what's it costing?. Just looking around price wise. Have a guy here named John T, that does cages for 2800.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
All this discussion of stereos and speakers reminded me that I haven't even turned mine on in 2 years lol....hope it still works.
I always like having stock radios in my cars because I sure as heck don't ever listen to them. Wind, road, and internal combustion. That's all the music I like to hear.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I always like having stock radios in my cars because I sure as heck don't ever listen to them. Wind, road, and internal combustion. That's all the music I like to hear.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to my 65. That thing sounded like an old school muscle car and would wake the dead. All I needed to do was go in the garage, start it up and listen to it, and then shut it off and go back in the house with a huge smile.

Here's a couple of videos when it was running:

One of the first fire ups with open headers:

After it was completed and running dumps at the rear end:

Newer performance cars are great for driving, but they don't have the rumble I'm looking for. Supercharger whine is awesome though lol.

Last edited:

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I agree with you 100% when it comes to my 65. That thing sounded like an old school muscle car and would wake the dead. All I needed to do was go in the garage, start it up and listen to it, and then shut it off and go back in the house with a huge smile.

Newer performance cars are great for driving, but they don't have the rumble I'm looking for. Supercharger whine is awesome though lol.
Anytime I ever bought a car or motorcycle when I was much younger the first thing I would do is go to dad's house because he had more tools than me, and replace the mufflers. My brother has lived 8 states away from us for 35 years. He called dad's house once when I was there years ago. Dad told him I had just bought a new Harley Davidson.

My brother said to him over the phone, "He's taking the mufflers off, isn't he."
:D

olympic

Established Member
Installed some Classic Design Concepts hood struts.

20171209_164737.jpg

Installed the T56 Magnum along with what was likely the last new OEM trans mount on the continent...lol! Still waiting for the shortened driveshaft.

I can't get over how light the clutch pedal is with the Mcleod twin disc! I thought I forgot to hook up the cable the first time I pressed it...lol. The old Centerforce clutch was so heavy I worried the cable would snap every time I pushed the pedal down.

20171209_164558.jpg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What gauges you planning on? Once I got the aeroforce I'm thinking of selling my SOS pillar

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Well I made a dumb decision and only bought one Aeroforce gauge. I got in contact with them and got another with a harness and I”ll put the pair in the SOS pod and sell my steering column pod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread