What mods next?

FreshKill420

Established Member
I am trying to decide what mods I should be planning on getting next. The end goal is to be 650 whp + but thats two or three years away. I still want the car to be able to be driven around town, autocross, 1/4 mile. Any ideas?

Current mod list:
Power: Pypes LTH, Pypes X-pipe, 3" heart throb to Borla S types, steeda 101mm intake, BAMA tune 93 Race Tune
Suspension: KONI oranges, Ford Racing Lowering P-Springs, J&M Adjustable Panhard Rod
Tranmission: MGW Race Spec

I am thinking maybe e85 as it appears to be a simple conversion and will help down the road as I add more mods. A few gas stations sell it near me to. Super charger is on the road map thats further away based on the cost.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Unless you are bored and need to mod right this second for enjoyment, I would save that money for the supercharger. Every day you push it back is a day of supercharged coyote you will never get back. :D

paulyboy928

Established Member
UCA + mount and LCAs + relos. If I were to do everything over again, I would knock out the suspension first. It makes a huge difference.

Flcracker

Established Member
I went in this order: Roush blower, Heat Exchanger, Suspension, X-pipe, Wilwood Brakes, T56 Magnum/Mcloud RXT, Fore Fuel System/E85, Mickey Thompson ET Street SS

PC03GT

Established Member
Finish your suspension first. If you're going with a centri supercharger I would get a boss intake to go along with the rest of your mods

Flcracker

Established Member
I agree. After the caster camber plates, pan hard bar, upper and lower control arms, springs, Strage shocks and struts, the car had a chance to hook. Thing that made the most difference where the Mickey Thompsons though.

_Ghost_

Established Member
UCA + mount and LCAs + relos. If I were to do everything over again, I would knock out the suspension first. It makes a huge difference.

+1000 to this!

After I get my tax return back and get exhaust, just one of those things ya gotta do first, lol, getting my suspension back to what I was use to is my next priority. A set of Whiteline LCAs + relos and a UCA will go nicely with my coilovers and panhard bar.

Getting a solid suspension setup has been my plan from the get go when I started with my V6 when I had it. I would definitely work on getting your suspension right first, and then once that's done add the power. From everything I have read the power is awesome, without a shadow of a doubt, but if you can keep all that power more controlled with a solid suspension then when you finally add the power, it's infinitely more enjoyable. You will have already reduced your wheel hop and improved your handling as well as traction, being able to keep all that power down will be worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread