widening stock SVT PP wheels

grobertx

Established Member
I've read some great threads on here about guys widening Alcoa wheels and putting monster 335 tires on after a few items being removed / relocated.

Has anyone here personally widened the stock SVT PP wheel? Has anyone found an SVT PP wheel clone in 11-12"? I am very interested in doing this and putting the widest tire I could fit without anything else having to be removed / relocated. I am not interested in putting any tire wider than factory recommended wheel width. I need the tire to match the wheel size.

swedensky

Established Member
There are no 11-12 clones other than the 19s ford offers. There are 2 widened 13+ rear wheels in the market section though.

swedensky

Established Member
I think you mean the 19x10's that are replicas from a vender correct? They aren't "ford"

No I mean the ford racing wheels that are exactly the same as 11-12 SVTPP wheels except they only come in 19s and silver.
There are no other replicas that match. (That I can find)

Cory351

Established Member
I've read some great threads on here about guys widening Alcoa wheels and putting monster 335 tires on after a few items being removed / relocated.

Has anyone here personally widened the stock SVT PP wheel? Has anyone found an SVT PP wheel clone in 11-12"? I am very interested in doing this and putting the widest tire I could fit without anything else having to be removed / relocated. I am not interested in putting any tire wider than factory recommended wheel width. I need the tire to match the wheel size.

I did a pair had them widened to 11 by weldcraft. Just had to use a 1/4" spacer . Looked bitchen on the car. I have HRE's on the car now. The 20x11's are for sale.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No I mean the ford racing wheels that are exactly the same as 11-12 SVTPP wheels except they only come in 19s and silver.

I had those wheels on my 08. Great wheels. Can't help you on widening them. But I'm not sure why you couldn't do it

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Because of the offset you can't go nearly as wide as you can with the Alcoas. You "can" with an appropriate spacer though.

The FRPP 19's are almost identical in color to the factory 11-12 PP wheels. They're not silver. We've installed a couple 19x10's on the rear with OEM fronts and you'd never know.

grobertx

Established Member
I did a pair had them widened to 11 by weldcraft. Just had to use a 1/4" spacer . Looked bitchen on the car. I have HRE's on the car now. The 20x11's are for sale.

Man that's sounds promising. To confirm you are saying only a spacer was added and no other mods (remove / relocate bump stop, shock dust jacket, brake lines, etc) were required to avoid and rubbing or clearance issues between the 11" wheel / tires and any part of the car? How long did it tale Weldcraft to return the completed wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread