WTB: 22mm rear sway bar

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have a stock rear bar complete off my 11k mile 2014 GT track pack if that's what you're looking for. Just took it off yesterday. It might be 24mm though being off a GT?

Is a 22mm bar what came on a 6 cylinder Mustang?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'll have to double check, but I've got a stock one off of a 2011 Automatic Mustang GT. I'm upgrading to the boss rear sway bar (non-laguna seca).

cobrarob

Established Member
I'll have to double check, but I've got a stock one off of a 2011 Automatic Mustang GT. I'm upgrading to the boss rear sway bar (non-laguna seca).

Thank you for the reply. I actually picked up one locally. Question: why are goin to a stiffer rear bar,you'll get more oversteer?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Well, as of right now, I've got some pretty soft lowering springs (Steeda Sports 175 in/lb) and "ok" dampers (Steeda Pro-Action), along with a watts link with my roll center set as low as possible. I was going to go all-out this fall on some nice, high end coil overs, but have decided to do heads/cams/intake instead.

So, with such a soft lowered suspension, the rear rolls a little too much for my setup, so I want an ever so slightly larger sway bar. And the Boss (non-laguna) sway bar is just slightly more stiff and is only 68$ through Tasca and should give me what I need. The other option is to go full adjustable, but when I do go with a good coil-over, I'll be yanking the sway bars. But that will have to wait until next year.

cobrarob

Established Member
Well, as of right now, I've got some pretty soft lowering springs (Steeda Sports 175 in/lb) and "ok" dampers (Steeda Pro-Action), along with a watts link with my roll center set as low as possible. I was going to go all-out this fall on some nice, high end coil overs, but have decided to do heads/cams/intake instead.

So, with such a soft lowered suspension, the rear rolls a little too much for my setup, so I want an ever so slightly larger sway bar. And the Boss (non-laguna) sway bar is just slightly more stiff and is only 68$ through Tasca and should give me what I need. The other option is to go full adjustable, but when I do go with a good coil-over, I'll be yanking the sway bars. But that will have to wait until next year.

Yep modify modify,that's all we do...lol
Sounds good on the setup,I pretty much road race and have an 18mm on her now. Have a20 in the garage and just want the 22 for tune ability for diff tracks. Good luck on the mods

Users who are viewing this thread