WTB: affordable GT500

GokartMozart315

Established Member
so many beautiful cars on here, but with condition and prices the way they are, i may need to go with a supercharged Coyote GT! my last car was an 01 Cobra and i'm looking for a reasonable upgrade, UNDER $26-27K.

mileage is fine, and i really don't care what the cosmetic condition is as long as the car runs great. prefer not red, and no convertibles. suspension mods awesome, wouldn't mind extra power as well. Carmax has cars in this range so i know there have to be some nice modded ones hiding out amongst our membership. show me what you've got!

another car like this and i'm a happy camper. https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2011-gt500-sterling-gray-25999.1135821/

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've been shopping hard for a few months now. Most sellers are very aggressive in pricing IMHO. Seems like the 'reasonably' priced cars are selling rather quickly. But I have seen most cars lingering, with sellers not wanting to face reality. The whole key is to find motivated seller, as you know.

I think the shopping process is kinda fun though, so I don't mind wading through all the muck to find that good deal. I know there's one out there for me AND for you too. Good luck in your search!

GokartMozart315

Established Member
Mojo, you are right in how you descrube the market and process. I hope I get some bites on this thread, but I'm just getting started on shopping. On the other hand, I've been carless for a year now and that driving weather is hitting, so the sooner I'm behind the wheel the better

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
i was in the same boat a few months ago. I had it narrowed down to a new 2017 6r80 Mustang GT--then add a blower or turbo kit.. would be aorund $38k all in.. maybe 40.

Ended up buying a 1 owner 2007 GT500 with 6700 miles on the clock. Damn thing is a brand new 10 year old car. I paid less than i would have paid for a new 2017 (although not much) and the platform is already there for a FAST car once i strap a TVS onto it.

Took me a while for the 07-09 body to grow on me but it certainly has. Car has in iron block, forged rods and pistons, TR6060 trans, Shaker 1000 subwoofer audio, leather interior, dual disc clutch.... and on and on. So far, very VERY happy with my choice.

if all goes well, i'll be well under that $40k mark when im done and the car should trap close to 140 mph which is my goal.

Hang in there and keep checking all the usual spots... this forum, craigslist, autotrader, VROOM, etc etc. Found mine on Craigslist believe it or not... was 5 minutes down the road from me.

Last edited:

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Mojo, you are right in how you descrube the market and process. I hope I get some bites on this thread, but I'm just getting started on shopping. On the other hand, I've been carless for a year now and that driving weather is hitting, so the sooner I'm behind the wheel the better

Oh man, don't be in a hurry to buy, that puts you at a disadvantage. For now, just buy a decent daily driver, a used Camry or similar. Then you can relax and take all the time you need to score that great deal, like 'gimme11s' talked about in his post above. And besides, you really don't want to be using a GT500 as a daily driver, do you? :eek:

Good luck......................

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
so many beautiful cars on here, but with condition and prices the way they are, i may need to go with a supercharged Coyote GT! my last car was an 01 Cobra and i'm looking for a reasonable upgrade, UNDER $26-27K.

mileage is fine, and i really don't care what the cosmetic condition is as long as the car runs great. prefer not red, and no convertibles. suspension mods awesome, wouldn't mind extra power as well. Carmax has cars in this range so i know there have to be some nice modded ones hiding out amongst our membership. show me what you've got!

another car like this and i'm a happy camper. https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2011-gt500-sterling-gray-25999.1135821/

no doubt, that one was priced accordingly, very affordable. Everything I ever shopped for (6 months before buying my current Shelby) was way overpriced on Autotrader, Cars.com etc......eventually came back to SVTP and bought mine.

All my cars I have purchased have been from members here on this forum

GokartMozart315

Established Member
i don't actually need a daily, i walk/subway to work..but if i needed a daily you can bet i'd drive the shelby, as i would've the old cobra! i want a high-mileage car because i definitely drive mine no qualms. i'm not rushing but i want a car, and as long as the price and performance are right i don't need it to be perfect.

was really happy with the last car i bought on here, but prices right now are just too high. autotrader is starting to pop up way cheaper on Bosses and GTs, Shelbys too...gimme11s story is great, though i'd be happy with a less ideal car now, for the right price

m_srt4

Established Member
Bump...I have an 07 GT500 with 31k miles that I'm selling. 2.5 pulley with basic upgrades and tune. Newer tires and clutch (removed old one because of the issues they had from 07-09). Looking to get $26,500 and located in Auburn, AL. I have it posted on Atlanta, GA craigslist and Auburn, AL craigslist if you're interested.

GokartMozart315

Established Member
Bump...I have an 07 GT500 with 31k miles that I'm selling. 2.5 pulley with basic upgrades and tune. Newer tires and clutch (removed old one because of the issues they had from 07-09). Looking to get $26,500 and located in Auburn, AL. I have it posted on Atlanta, GA craigslist and Auburn, AL craigslist if you're interested.
long wait but, would like to see the car once you have it up on craigslist, please post here or somewhere in the market. thanks!

bhami8287

Established Member
I'm going to be listing mine soon. 2007 GT500, 34k miles, some mods....$24.5k.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 154

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I'm going to be listing mine soon. 2007 GT500, 34k miles, some mods....$24.5k.

Congratulations, you are among the first I have seen with a reasonable asking price. I've been shopping for a few months and vast majority of sellers start off asking pie-in-the-sky numbers. I gotta believe you will sell yours quickly. GLWS!

bhami8287

Established Member
Congratulations, you are among the first I have seen with a reasonable asking price. I've been shopping for a few months and vast majority of sellers start off asking pie-in-the-sky numbers. I gotta believe you will sell yours quickly. GLWS!

Thanks. I'm not the most patient person when it comes to selling cars. :)

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member

lRedx

You still have this for sale? I live in al

Users who are viewing this thread