‘18MY 350R Production

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
On a brand new one?
27 miles...and if you watch the for sale ads for used ones, a lot of hell being given for even asking MSRP or above. no idea if those are selling or not in the end, but they're staying on the market longer than i'd guessed

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
27 miles...and if you watch the for sale ads for used ones, a lot of hell being given for even asking MSRP or above. no idea if those are selling or not in the end, but they're staying on the market longer than i'd guessed

27 miles is fine, but has it been titled?

CO Mack

Established Member
FB is FB too. People have been angry about GT350 pricing since day 1. What are buyers paying is the question.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
FB is FB too. People have been angry about GT350 pricing since day 1. What are buyers paying is the question.
there was a post a couple months ago where multiple people were able to show paperwork proving they were at or right above MSRP.

but yeah, it's a touchy subject lol

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
So it's 2 years old, been titled, and they're wanting $75K? I sure as hell bet they're entertaining offers lol
yeah, all i was getting at is the ADM seemed to have calmed down when compared to the time people thought they were getting a deal at 10k over

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not R's, but i found tons of GT350's on autotrader for $4-5k under msrp.

Seems the R's should be going for msrp by now pretty regularly?

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Seems the R's should be going for msrp by now pretty regularly?
Scanning completed auctions on Ebay shows that most Rs (even used ones) are still being bid up to $70-80k. Not sure why dealers would be selling new Rs for MSRP when used Rs are bringing MSRP+ on the auction block. I do note that a lot of these are not selling, which means sellers are holding reserves even higher (and there are still the delusional sellers putting a BIN price of $100k+, trying to lure idiots I guess). But there are more than a couple completed, sold auction listings in the past 2-3 months with transaction prices over $75k.

I don't think R owners are at risk of losing much value in the next 1-2 years, even with the increased volume for 2017 and the extension into 2018 MY.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Off-the-lot Rs might dip in price until production is finished. After that, the sell prices are going to go right back up, possibly through the roof.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Hey guys - been away for a while. Had no idea the site was ass-raped and all my followed threads and forums were wiped out. (did SVTP get bought by the same company that seems to have purchased every car forum on the planet?)

So has Ford made it any easier to get an "R"? (as in - plan to make more and make them available to more dealers) or are they still commanding massive ADM? I gave up looking at the start of the year... but I'm sort of getting the bug again.

CO Mack

Established Member
Scanning completed auctions on Ebay shows that most Rs (even used ones) are still being bid up to $70-80k. Not sure why dealers would be selling new Rs for MSRP when used Rs are bringing MSRP+ on the auction block. I do note that a lot of these are not selling, which means sellers are holding reserves even higher (and there are still the delusional sellers putting a BIN price of $100k+, trying to lure idiots I guess). But there are more than a couple completed, sold auction listings in the past 2-3 months with transaction prices over $75k.

I don't think R owners are at risk of losing much value in the next 1-2 years, even with the increased volume for 2017 and the extension into 2018 MY.

Exactly. Used ones are still going in the $70’s. The MY2018s will help a bit with supply but after that short run is done prices will firm up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think anyone who thinks the R values will maintain over MSRP, is crazy.

Did you guys think the Boss 302 LS would maintain its value? The 2008/09 GT500KR?

When the new GT500 is announced, the GT350(R)'s will maintain a slow and steady decline. There are several GT350s with less than 10k miles that are advertised at $49k. I would venture to bet that the prices follow those of the Boss 302(LS). In two or three years the GT350s will be in the mid to upper $30ks, and the R's will be in the upper $40k's to mid $50k's.

Quote me ;)

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Guy dropped his 7200 mile R to 65k last night and sold it. Heck it may have went for less I'm not sure. But didn't look like he got any bites at all til he dropped to that price.

CO Mack

Established Member
I think anyone who thinks the R values will maintain over MSRP, is crazy.

Did you guys think the Boss 302 LS would maintain its value? The 2008/09 GT500KR?

When the new GT500 is announced, the GT350(R)'s will maintain a slow and steady decline. There are several GT350s with less than 10k miles that are advertised at $49k. I would venture to bet that the prices follow those of the Boss 302(LS). In two or three years the GT350s will be in the mid to upper $30ks, and the R's will be in the upper $40k's to mid $50k's.

Quote me ;)

I think @GT Premi very carefully watched the trajectory of 302LS (and maybe GT500) pricing and remembers well.

Ford cucked the KR, so it’s not analogous.

The GT500 is for Porsche GT2 buyers, the GT350R is for GT3. Even if we get a hard, but boosted, track focused GT500, it’s still not going to be the same experience.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Hey guys - been away for a while. ...

So has Ford made it any easier to get an "R"? (as in - plan to make more and make them available to more dealers) or are they still commanding massive ADM? I gave up looking at the start of the year... but I'm sort of getting the bug again.

Have you been off-planet or something?? ;) Ford extended GT350 production into the '18 model year. It will be a short run for the GT350. It'll help chip away at the ADMs on Rs. It'll make it easier to find regular GT350s at MSRP. Ford has no control over ADMs. They can only suggest a retail price, hence the "SRP" in MSRP. The dealers have all the say in what price they [try to] sell the vehicle. If Ford tried to control dealer pricing, they could be sued by the dealer network and quite possibly lose. They could do a few back office administrative things to the dealers to mess with their supply; "lose" an order, ship a car to the "wrong" location, "accidentally" send them a Fiesta instead of a GT350, etc. The supply channel is Ford's imminent domain.

ANGREY

Established Member
So much to say here.

1) Car manufacturers have continually improved their products. It's called obsolescence and until a particular product reaches "collector" or "classic" status, depreciation is simply a function of economics. Less demand (or shifting demand) results in lower prices. It's inescapable if we follow the traditional path that's been going on for the past 3 decades.

2) The ONLY thing that will save a product that's been surpassed is VALUE. So when the GT500 comes out and IF it seeks to compete with the likes of the ZL1 (which just ran nearly 2 seconds faster in the Motor Trend best driver's competition than the 350R did last year), then the only thing that will save the value of the R from plummeting is the price point. MOST consumers, whether overtly or subconsciously follow the concept of VALUE so if the GT500 is an overall improvement in the same/similar market segment, the only thing that will protect R's is if the 500 is not in the same price segment.

Why would you buy a used Samsung 9k series 70" for $4k if you can get a new and improved version for the same/similar price? You wouldn't. Period. However, if the new and improved version is significantly higher, then the obsolete or inferior product will maintain its VALUE longer and the slide in market price will be less pronounced.

3) Why do people obsess about this stuff anyway? Just buy a product for what you think is a good value and enjoy it. If a better product comes along, make your decision then. I'm not devoid of trying to get the most for my money or making smart decisions, but I'm also not constantly haunted and aggravated with buyer's remorse or wondering whether I made the right decision or whether or not I could have held out or should have bought something else.

4) I will say that we're on the verge of a very drastic change in this continual improvement curve we've seen from Detroit and foreign auto makers. In fact, DRASTIC doesn't even begin to describe it.

Auto insurance companies are currently shitting bricks because they know that in 20 (maybe less) years, the auto insurance industry is going to be decimated. Self driving cars ARE the future and we're less than a generation away from the likes of Uber/Lyft being driverless cars. Combined with urbanization, the mob of people who clamor for "safety" over freedom, the green tree huggers and their incessant lobbying for alternative/green transportation options, I think anyone and everyone should scoop up the BIGGEST combustion engine vehicle they possibly can RIGHT now. The engines that Detroit are making are the last of the largest displacement they're ever going to make. Emissions are squeezing each year and we paid the "gas guzzler" tax on the 350s but as we progress, between the "disruptive technology" of fully electric vehicles and legal mandates for fleet fuel efficiency, the days of big engines have one foot in the grave.

This proliferation of driverless and electric vehicles could eventually trump everything and make just about any late model performance combustion engine car simply go up in value.

If you don't think this is coming, just pay attention. You can go on youtube and watch slightly modified Teslas absolutely kill drag cars CONSISTENTLY and easily. The price and tech of electric cars are only going to improve on both fronts and given that the power output of e cars is theoretically unlimited, its only a matter of time before we see products that are better than current performance cars with an e motor. So that last bit might help some of you rest easier knowing that whatever you buy, it's going to be a collector's item in the not too distant future.

CO Mack

Established Member
Guy dropped his 7200 mile R to 65k last night and sold it. Heck it may have went for less I'm not sure. But didn't look like he got any bites at all til he dropped to that price.

Dropped it last night and sold it last night. $65 is a fire sale price.

Btw- the only way I’d care about resale on mine is if the GT500 drops as a NA 600HP car with carbon bodywork and manual transmission. They could call it the My Little Pony edition and I’d buy it. Otherwise you could offer me what I paid new for my R and I wouldn’t take it.

Users who are viewing this thread