00 Cobra R vs Shelby 500

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Given the choice, which vehicle would be the best investment over 5 years considering the same purchase price. The 00 Cobra R is 2500 mile perfect car and the 500 is brand new Red/White car.

Both cars would not be driven much at all. Need something else to cover the garage floor space.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Cobra R...just add a turbo to it :) unless its to be kept stock.....or both ? makes sense

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Cobra R. Much cooler car all the way around, and it's far more rare.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
I hear you all. I actually thought the R would at least hold the money while the 500 might not. If I had to sell the selection is bigger on the 500, making it harder to get good $. On the other hand the R is a smaller audience but should bring back my $ based off of the production number of 300. Am I on target?

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Even for a bit more money, the Cobra R is much the better purchase. R's were a limited run specialty car. GT500 is a mass production car and will not be limited. Rarely do you see an R, GT500s are not rare in the least.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Just so you know, I sold #214 2 years ago to buy a GT. I sold the GT 1 month ago and am wanting another toy. Just to clear up the avitatar.

VGER

Established Member
Do you guys have an idea on what is too much $ for an 00 R. I'm giving 48k but it is perfect in every way.

www.KBB.com I don't know if they would be able to give an accurate price on a car like this.

There is a dealer by us that has still has a new one on the showroom floor, I think it never sold because they are asking 20k+ over sticker. They have 2 G.T 500s (vert and a coup) they are asking 20k+ over sticker. They have had them for close to a year now.

The big question is how much is it worth to you?

00 Cobra R

Established Member
VGER,
Your question is the right one, "What is it worth to me." Here is my point of view.
From a driving stand point the 500 is the car if I'm not tracking it. The R is so nice I wouldn't want to track it. From an investment perspective there is no doubt that the R is the car. I'm wanting a rare car so I guess it answer is "R". Wow that was easy..LOL.
Thanks Mike

Users who are viewing this thread