00 GT sputtering =(

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Hey guys and thanks for looking. ive been having an intermittent issue for a while but recently has finally gotten to the point of frustration. i could be going down the freeway at a nice cruising speed and car will start sputtering, put the pedal down and all would return to normal.now its to the point it just sputters at any given time almost constantly. feels almost as if a coil or injector is unplugged. to make things odder i can go drive 25-50 miles with no acting up. I have completely un-hooked my venom performance control module. ive checked for vacuum leaks, checked coils and injectors to ensure they are plugged in. MAF has been cleaned. IACV has also been replaced. Injectors have been replaced, oh fuel filter as well. And fresh spark plugs. I am just stumped at this point. we had my car in the shop hooked up to the modis(snap on diag tool) and no codes thrown. only thing we found was bank 1 was wanting alot of fuel.
only things i can come up with is:

. Bad mass air flow sensor?
. Bad o2 sensor?
. Bad coil pack?

That's all i can think of at this point. i was hoping to see if someone else has had the same thing happen. i work in a shop(shop b****) so i have access to tools and scanners if anyone has any ideas. thanks in advance guys!
oh car is a 2000 Mustang GT with 140k. only mods are gears,intake,L/T headers, and performance chip.

JDWhite98GT

Established Member
I have a similar problem and cant fiure it out either. I would suggest taking the modis with you or a cruise and try to get the car to do what you are explaining. Have a buddy with you who knows how to work the modis. Watch the screen that shows how the o2's are working and have your buddy take a "snap-shot" of the screen. It might give you an insight to what is going on inside each bank.

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
well i believe ive found my issue. on the modis it indicated all my injectors seem to be fine. but a tech(bigtime as i call him) suggested i may have a injector mechanically failing and not closing. sure enough tonight i ripped out the stockers and put my #30 injectors in and all seems to be running great with not one sputter yet. Note that prior to putting in the #30's, it got to to be a constant sputter that made it completely un-driveable. 15min later with new injectors put in it runs flawless(just sligthly rich as i need my MAF calibrated, hence why i took em out befor) im going to wake up early before work tomorrow and take it for a good drive to make sure. i'll keep ya posted.

Users who are viewing this thread