00 mustang gt vs 95 z28

elicium

Established Member
me and my bro are gonna head down to the track in 2 weeks or so, hes been a car buff, im sorta a n00b the v8's, had an rsx for a bit - totaled - and he's talkin shit already :p i got 2 weeks of listenin to it, wonderin if yall can gimme a heads up as 2 whos gonna win?

00 gt vert, never dyno'd - guess 300-310hp ?
3.73 ford racing gears
mac ss intake
predator tuner
bullet susp
plasma ign
only exh mod- flowmaster super 40's

95 z28 never dyno'd - guess 315hp + the nitro : (
k&n cold air
hypertech prog
emerson shift kit
only exh mod - flowmaster 40's
annnndd his secret 80+hp shot of nitro, no idea on tank size

keep in mind ive lined up with him b4, but that was me stock, him no nitro, and i kept up through about 75mph, then he'd start his slow lead ahead

DocHolliday01

Established Member
judging by your mods im going to go out on a limb and say you aren't anywhere near 315hp, even at the motor i don't think. depending on if its an auto or 5spd (parasitic drivetrain loss factor) it most likely won't break 250 at the wheels. lt1's usually dyno 10-20 hp more stock over a 4.6 gt. it should be a good race stock for stock and as it looks you have pretty much same mods other than your gears. Lt1 cars own 4.6 in the low end torque factor though your gears should make up for most of that.

Last edited:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I agree your definatley not hitting that high in hp ranges. and LT1s do have torque plus that guy has the shiftkit also, should be a really good race though. I think youll take him. (without the bottle) I dunno man. but let us know!

elicium

Established Member
were gonna run out to great lakes, union grove, give em a shot, first time down the strip for both us : )), he finally got his nitro, not installed yet tho,, and my gears just came, i wanna hold off till i get em in, the predator and the ignition installed so far, nice diff, where as now under full accel. lighting a cig, let alone the bowl is next to impossible

annnnd, ya the numbers were generous on both the z is hard to say, def more hp def more torque its another litre for christ sake, this close to stock makes a huuuuge diff, id say in confidence tho 290+ on the stang, still disagree ill get it dyno'd *grin*, and i say generously 300 on the z, with nitro who knows

ty 4 the vote of confidence : )), least i know i got a shot *pets the pony*

DocHolliday01

Established Member
elicium said:
were gonna run out to great lakes, union grove, give em a shot, first time down the strip for both us : )), he finally got his nitro, not installed yet tho,, and my gears just came, i wanna hold off till i get em in, the predator and the ignition installed so far, nice diff, where as now under full accel. lighting a cig, let alone the bowl is next to impossible

annnnd, ya the numbers were generous on both the z is hard to say, def more hp def more torque its another litre for christ sake, this close to stock makes a huuuuge diff, id say in confidence tho 290+ on the stang, still disagree ill get it dyno'd *grin*, and i say generously 300 on the z, with nitro who knows

ty 4 the vote of confidence : )), least i know i got a shot *pets the pony*

you won't break 260 to the wheels.

elicium

Established Member
g-tech meter shows 287hp 0-60 5.6 1/4m 14.8

THOSE THINGS ARENT ACCURATE
---> within 3hp and dead on 0-60 times on buddies dyno'd and track run integra

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Well i have a 2000GT
My mods are:

FMS : 373 Gears
MAC- CAI
MAC- Catback
MAC- XPipe
Diablo Revolution Tune
Stedda- UD Pulleys
AOD - Tranny - Vaule Body Done.. Clutch Packs .. Tranny Cooler ..
NOS - Wet Kit 125 Shot..

Lets say i have over 300 hp On motor.. No Sparay which i should..
i should be doing what 260-270 to the wheels at most..

On Spray of course i would go over 300 Easy!

DocHolliday01

Established Member
elicium said:
g-tech meter shows 287hp 0-60 5.6 1/4m 14.8

THOSE THINGS ARENT ACCURATE
---> within 3hp and dead on 0-60 times on buddies dyno'd and track run integra

take your car to the dyno and see just how accurate that gtech is as far as power ratings. i know they are accurate for 1/4 and such but i would put money on your car not making 287 to the wheels, unless you aren't stating all of your mods. oh yeah if you entered your cars weight wrong that will throw it all out of whack.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
elicium said:
00 gt vert, never dyno'd - guess 300-310hp ?
3.73 ford racing gears
mac ss intake
predator tuner
bullet susp
plasma ign
only exh mod- flowmaster super 40's

Sorry, but you're probably at about 240rwhp. He should win, with or without the nitrous.

elicium

Established Member
hes runnin 0-60 5.5 1/4m 14.6, and my numbers are without the gears installed, ima smoke him : ) ) ty 4 the posts tho, 240 some at the wheels 280 some at the wheels, ill post my 0-60 times after the install, im already keeping up with (or beating) just about anything road driven around here, so im content, ran into a (guess) '96 boxster the other day kept up with him to 135mph then he broke out his 6th gear : (( the stang was maxxed by 140 some *needles shaking, vert top about to rip off* guessin he hit about 160 some b4 he decided to let off *note* at 160mph+ the dashed passing lines in the road appear to be one solid line*

gL yall, ima get some pics and maybe a video sooooon, just wanna get everything together first : ))

Users who are viewing this thread